xxxiii

Mariah Terry

Mariah Terry

The sound of the elevator opening echoed through the house. Climbing off the couch I fixed my lingerie then grabbed our champagne glasses and went to greet him.

When he saw me he stopped dead in his tracks. "Woah, what's this for?"

"Just wanted to do something nice for my man."

He gave a half smile before hesitantly taking the glass. Grabbing his hand, I led him into the living room. "How was your day?" I asked.

"It was...okay. How was yours?"

"It's was good. I know it's early but I went and looked at dresses and venues for the wedding."

He took a deep breath and sat back.

"I know Chris, you think it's too soon for me to be doing this but I'm just so excited to get married to you baby." I said while rubbing his face.

"Let me show you something." He grabbed my hand slid the ring off. "Read the inside."

I looked at him confused then did what he told me. My eyes grew, not wanting to believe what I saw. "To Sydney, m.my Love." I put my hand over my mouth and stood up. "Chris what the fuck is this?"

"Can you sit down so I can explain everything? Please?"

"No, I'm not sitting down! Tell me what the fuck this is."

Rubbing his face he looked up at me. "I shouldn't have let things get this far. When I saw the ring in your hand I froze. I should've told you the truth about everything but I was trying to protect you. I'm so sorry."

"You let me walk around for an entire month wearing a ring with her name on it. That has to be the most embarrassing shit that ever happen to me."

"I didn't want to embarrass you but I'm not going to sit and pretend that I want to marry you. You're a cool girl but I'm definitely not at the point where I think we should take that next step."

I laughed. "You don't want to marry someone you've known for a while but you wanna marry some Bitch you only knew a month."

"Time has nothing to do with it."

"Why did you even get with me Chris?!"

"I guess I was just lonely. You were a familiar face and you were around."