xviii

Christopher Brown

Christopher Brown

"What the fuck you mean nobody can find this nigga?" I whispered into phone. The past two days Sydney has been under me at my crib and I've been trying to find Michael. But it's like this fool fell off the face of the earth. We done checked every place that we thought he could be but nobody came across them yet.

"Keep looking man. Tell whoever find them I got 10,000 for they ass." I said before hanging up.

I heard light footsteps nearing me, soon Sydney appeared rubbing her eyes. She looked adorable in my shirt. It was so big on her.

"Why are you up?" She asked.

"I got hungry, wanted to find something to eat." I motioned for her to come here. She walked up to me and wrapped her arms around my body.

"Mmm, you're so warm."

I kissed the top of her head. "How you feeling?"

"A little better but I think that's because of you."

"Most likely." I chuckled.

"Don't be cocky big head."

"I can't help it sometimes." I lifted her up and placed her on the counter then placed my hands on both sides of her. "So have you made up your mind about permanently staying in Atlanta?"

"Still thinking."

"Okay, no pressure." I kissed her cheek. "But I've been thinking."

"About?"

"I want you to meet my mom."

She looked at me surprised. "Really?"

"Yeah. I've met yours so why not."

"But that's because you're supposed to be my fake boyfriend. Me meeting your mom is something serious."

"Well I wanna do this because I was hoping one day I'll become your real boyfriend." I bit down on my bottom lip. "I know how you're feeling about trusting people and I'm not going to rush you but I really like you Sydney and it's something about you and I'll be a fool if I let you slip away."

"I'm flattered and I like you too Chris."

"But?"

"No buts, I'd love to meet your mom."

A wide smile spread across my face. "I'll set it up then."