xxvix

Sydney Michaels 1 Year Later

Sydney Michaels
1 Year Later

I walked into the building in downtown LA, where my business is. Another day at Syd's Styling Agency, my baby, my biggest accomplishment. I found some of the best stylists that weren't really known and took them under my wing and now they have some of the biggest clientele. My stylists have styled people that others could only dream of. And they've only been doing this for a year.

When I left Atlanta a year ago I decided that it was time for a huge change. Maybe if I switched things up, I would get different outcomes. I stayed in New York for a little while, taking trips to LA here and there. The more I visited Cali, the more I never wanted to leave, so the last time I came out here I stayed.

My boss back at my old job was really cool. She was a person that always pushed people to follow their dreams. I told her how I wanted my own styling company and she gave me every connect to get my business up and running within 6 months and have it be successful. Something that it took most people years to do.

I really owe her because now I'm living better than ever. I made so much money it's insane.

Now, I can say that I am TRULY happy and not because of a man or some bullshit. Im happy because of ME and nothing's better than making yourself happy.

I walked into my office and put down my coffee and bagel that I have to have or I'll be a bitch until lunch. Piles of inquiries sat in front of my keyboard like they do every Monday. My stylists don't just do celebrities. We style for whoever needs us. I even have people who come and organize your closets, we do wardrobe makeovers, we do it all. I'm just trying to make the world more fashionable, one day at a time.

Sitting down, I cut on my computer to pull up everyone's schedules than I started glancing through the papers. Once I got it sorted for each stylists, I started making the schedule. We try to help everyone that asks. If we can't get to you, we try to reschedule or see if you want to deal with someone else. Sometimes I step in.

I haven't done a styling job in a while but I miss it. The only time I get up and go is when the price tag is worth my expertise.

"Hey girlie." One of stylists, Ev said.

"Hey boo, good morning."

"Good morning. So what did you do last night?"

"Nothing at all girl. Which I'm sure is not shocking."

"I thought you had a date, what happened?" She said closing my door and sitting in front of me. I've know Ev before my business started. We've always been cool but once she started working for me we grew closer. I wouldn't call her my best friend because Shanice would kill me but she's close second.