"No way in hell am I going to let him see her like this." Neji thought inwardly, he shook his head when he realised how possessive he sounded, ".. because he should not know that she is a female.. yes, that's why.."

"Stay here." Neji ordered her before she could even retort back, Neji threw his top towards her before diving into the seawater to surface back up towards the island.

—————————————————
Itachi was kneeling down against the ground, he felt and tasted blood that started to slowly trickle down towards his mouth from his eyes. It was slowly diluted with saltwater; tears, he was crying.

"I was too late..." He muttered as he held onto Tenten's backpack firmly. He heard footsteps coming from the back, the person made its presence known without bothering to hide his chakra. Itachi addressed the person without having to look back.

"Why did you not save him? Are you incapable of doing even that? What kind of prodigy are you?!" Itachi spat, his calm demeanour was long forgotten; instead it was filled with rage.

Neji scoffed at what he had to look at, "The one that does not run away from his clan when there is a problem."

Itachi turned swiftly as he created hand seals and yelled, "Amaterasu!"

Purple flames surfaced from where Neji stood before Neji turned into a log, he had created a shadow clone and had moved quickly to block Itachi's tenketsu points from the back.

"64 divination Palm strikes!" Neji yelled, but the Itachi that stood before him disappeared in a cloud of smoke, "Shadow clone?!" Neji yelled before he blocked a quick toss of kunai from his back.

"You know nothing about me Hyuuga!" Itachi yelled as he began to Attack Neji relentlessly using a formation of multiple ninjutsu attacks.

Neji blocked each one, barely having any time to block Itachi's tenkutsu points.

"I know what you are; a coward. Running with his tail in between his legs when the going gets tough!" Neji retorted back angrily, he waited patiently for what he hoped to find; a reaction from Itachi. He noticed one thing about Itachi, his ultimate weapon was due to his composed behaviour during battles. If Neji could extract out any emotional reaction from him, Neji might just stand a chance. Neji knew, even for him Itachi was way beyond his league. He needed to use smarter tactics to bring the strong Uchihaa down.

Itachi snarled as soon as Neji used the word coward against him, he pulled Neji's arms towards him before yelling "Katon Gyokaku No Justu!"

Neji yelled in pain when his arm caught fire, he managed to evade most of his body away from the fire contact but he had to sacrifice his arm in doing so.

"It's over Hyuuga. You are one sick man. How could you not show any form of emotion as you allow your comrade to die is beyond me. I will end this now." Itachi exclaimed before he realised that he could not move his arms. "W-when did you?!"

"When you pulled me, blocked your tenkutsu points right away, now.." Neji stopped when he realised that Itachi and his surroundings were looking weird, they were moving in swirling motions~he was trapped in Itachi's genjutsu.

"Damn!" Neji cursed.

Itachi smirked as he exclaimed, "You looked into my eyes, I don't need to use my hands for genjutsu. Now you are trapped.  I will not hold back, Hyuuga. This is your punishment for allowing him to die. Goodbye Hyuuga Neji."

In the illusion, Neji was impaled right through his body hard against the ground by a huge wooden nail. It happened consecutively, he was screaming out loud in pain.