28|A Heartbeat Away

I hear Juleka's phone ringing madly, she picks it up and answers the call.

"Put it on speaker phone!" I say.

She taps the speaker part to make the voice much louder.

"Um.. Hello?" She asks with confusion.

We hear an evil cackle come from the voice on the other side. "Are you Luka's sister?"

"Uh.. Yes." She answers. "Why? What's wrong with Luka?"

"Ha! Ha! You're brother is doing great!"

With anger and pain, I interrupt and say, "if you have Luka, give him back to us!"

"He! Do you want to see him first?"

Me and Juleka gasps when the man switched to face time and he moved the phone towards Luka.

His hands were tied together, the rope was wrapped around his whole body.

"Juleka! Marinette!" He yells when looking at the camera. "I'm at Charles De Gaulle Airport!"

He told us! Which means we can go there.

The man switches the camera to his face, "ha! That's all you need to know! By the time you're here, we'll be gone. Adios Amigos!"

Juleka switches off her phone places it in her pocket. She looks up confidently.

"Do you know who that is?" I ask.

"He was one of my Father's secretaries."

"Secretary?!" I look down then confidently look back up again. "Let's GO!"

Me and Juleka asked a very polite taxi driver to that airport which he told us he was in.

"Charles De Gaulle Airport." I confirm.

It took a few minutes before we were stuck in traffic.

"I'm sorry, guys!" The driver apologizes to us. "I won't be able to go on with traffic like this."

I look out of the window seeing that cars drove in paths which lead them to being stuck to one another.

It was taking pretty long for them to get out.

I look back at the driver, "sir, we can manage!"

"Are you sure?"

I nod then I look at Juleka,"come on!"

I grab onto her hand and run out of the car.

"How are we going to get there in time?!"

"Really, Juleka, I honestly have no plan!" I hear Juleka gasp at my answer. "But.. There may be another way!"

We run into the public bathroom as in the washrooms.

"WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE?!"

"Don't worry, I've got this!" I say. "Just a quick sec! Also, buy something nice!"

I gave her some money and pushed her out of the bathroom, she was so confused.

But I have no time to explain to her.

I open the door of the toilet and walk inside, closing it from behind.

I open the clips of my pink purse, and I see a spiral of pinkish red magic pop up in front of me until I see my little red ladybug Kwami.

"Marinette!" She says in her squeaky voice.

"Tikki, I don't really have much time to explain.. But." I start to say. "But this person is in trouble and what does Ladybug do when people are in trouble? Save them, right?"

"Marinette! I know you want to save the boy you're now in love!" Tikki answers with an adorable smile. "You should really open up to me more!"

I smile, "Tikki! SPOTS ON!"

Luka's P.O.V

I sit on my side even if I can still feel the pain of getting kicked hard on my back and the side of my body.

That Spanish dude can kick real hard!

I can feel the blood fall from my mouth, cold and bitter.

My left cheek which was pressed onto the dirt of the ground was paining so much.

I stayed here for too long!

"All aboard! All aboard!" I can hear that Spanish man, Señor La Pinè or whatever he calls himself, he sings in a very bad tune.

"That's the.. The most horrible tune I've ever heard." I say.

He cackles at me whist chewing on a piece of gum which smelt like peaches and dog food.

He comes next to me and gives another painful kick onto my back making me jump this time.

Oh, where are you Marinette?

"Hah! Hah!" He laughs. "All Right-ey! Let's get these boys loaded!"

Oh no! No!

Marinette's P.O.V

I was transformed into Ladybug and when I found Juleka outside, not listening to a word she says, I pull her by the waist and throw my magical Yo-Yo to a far end, lifting myself from the ground.

"Ladybug?!" Juleka screams.

We were soaring through the sky, picking up the pace each time.

I love you, Luka! And I want you to know that! I haven't told you yet and I should've when I had the chance.

I squeeze my eyes together, feeling the drops of my tears roll down my cheeks. I try to shake my tears away by shaking my head.

I'll find you Luka!

I know that you're only a heartbeat away.