24|Strum To Happiness

A while later the doctors allowed Marinette to come, along with her I saw someone else.

Juleka.

"Sis.." I say with exhaustion.

Her eyes were watery and red, "Luka! You made me so worried!"

I make a tired giggle, "I'm sorry."

She smiles, wiping her tears.

I look at Marinette who was looking down shyly.

Should I tell her that I found out that me and her were best friends since we we're young? Should I tell her that I knew her since childhood?

I smile, "Marinette!"

She looks at me with a face filled with questions, "huh?"

I can't. I can't tell her about her childhood, even if my childhood has haunting me all these days, what's the point of telling her anyway? It's not like it ties us together, she probably forgot me.

"Nothing." I answer her question.

"I'm glad you're okay." She smiles.

I nod.

After a while, I was sent home to get some rest back to my home instead since I really dislike staying hospitals.

I was sat down in my bedroom with the door shut.

I take my guitar in my hand and start strumming a tune, the same beautiful tune that Marinette was singing in the bakery and back at school.

I close my eyes when strumming that beautiful tune.

Marinette.. I love you.

In that second, I open my eyes in embarrassment.

I place my hand over my heart, "do I really love you?"

Of course I do. But what if she has someone else?

But Marinette did say fight for your dreams. I'll fight to become the greatest guitarist and I'll fight to.. To win your heart.

I strum the tune again until I drift off to sleep.

The next day, I get ready for school, I didn't wait for Juleka since she already left with her best friend.

I walk to school but this time there was a slight change.

I brought my guitar with me, I know the school policy to not bring stuff like instruments or gum and so on but I had to.

I place my guitar on my desk and see Ivan coming my way.

He sits down with me, "hey buddy!"

"Hey!"

I grin to see my.. Friend, yes, friend, I grin when seeing Ivan my friend after so long even if it was just a few days.

Ms. Boustaire enters the classroom with a happy face.

"Alright! I know you all recently came to the trip to Japan but I have some more fun news for all of you." She says with excitement. "There will be a fun dance for the whole school to join just for some relaxation."

"RELAXATION?!" I hear the girl with the blonde hair named Chloe repeat. "What do you mean by relaxation?"

"Well, it's a little party to celebrate for Luka."

Everyone turns to look at me.

"Um, why me?" I ask Miss.

"For various reasons, the pictures you took off the field trip were amazing, your essay on the trip was superb! And I heard about your incident and I needed to throw a celebration plus a get well soon party. Also there will someone special who specifically wants to meet you, Luka." Miss answers.

I smile, happily and say, "thank you!"

Everyone looks back at the teacher when she explains more details.

I look at Ivan who hit his elbow against mine.

He looks at me, "cool, a party for you! So, are you going to play your guitar at the party?"

I nod, "I'll try to!"

We both grin.

After a few lessons, we all returned home to get ready for the party. Mom was happy to know that I was going to play guitar there.

I wear my normal clothes since I usually don't care about how I look where as Juleka changed her hair up a bit into a bun with bows trapping her loose hair.

We get ready to go to the party and see everyone. I guess no one really decided to wear anything different apart from some people.

I hold my guitar tight as people come to greet me.

The blonde haired and green eyed boy called Adrien Agreste, the model came up to me.

"Hey!" He says. "I barely introduced myself to you but.. I'm Adrien!"

I laugh, "no, I know you're Adrien.. The model. I'm Luka."

"So you're going to play guitar, huh?"

I nod, "yeah!"

I look away from Adrien when I spot someone else in the crowd of people.

Marinette. My heart began to race.

I'm going to play the guitar and show that I'm great at playing!