Chapter 2 Liam's First Day

Liam's POV

New house, New school, New team nothing new. We are always moving, because you know my dad he is always changing jobs. I think this is our 20th house and I am only 17. But apparently this new school has one of the best hockey teams in the province, and hockey is my life. Ask anyone I would do anything for hockey. Well now I have to find a new team, a new family. I just want to stay in one place long enough to have a good group of friends and to not having the worry of finding a new team every six months.

---------------------------------------
It's the first day of school, every teenagers favourite day. I am just itching to get this day over with because there are hockey tryouts right after school. I just pulled up to my new school on my bike, and no not the one you use on the sidewalk I mean my motorcycle. I walk in to the small school and get looks from every direction, I ignore it and walk right into the office. I go up to get my schedule and the lady told me to take a seat. I have now been in the office waiting patiently to talk to the secretary for the past thirty minutes, she is so slow they should be looking to find someone new who gets the job done in less then half the time. I still need to get my schedule and a stupid welcome tour. So I go up again and I state my name again and all I get is "Ya one sec!" So now I am irritated I go up to the other secretary who finally gives me all of my stuff and call's for this guy named Jermey Jones.

"Hi my name is Jeremy. I will be showing you where everything is and where all your classes are and all the other important stuff."

"Ok cool my name is..." "I already know Liam Brooks right?" "Ya... how did you know?" "First of all you are the talk of hockey team. We know how good you are. We played your old school in a tournament. It's also written on your schedule. Anyways Let's  get this tour started"

" So over here are all your classes your lucky all of your classes are back to back so you will always be there on time! That's your locker, and that's the cafeteria, and over there is auditorium that pretty much concludes your tour!"

"Jeremy whose your new friend?" said an unfamiliar voice "Oh hey Sofia this Liam he's new here!" "I kind of figured cause I haven't seen him around. I have to get to class but, don't forget we have rink one today." She said in a hurry

Who is that? "Oh that's just Sofia only the most multitalented person you could ever meet at this school. Sofia is the captain of the girls hockey team, which makes her quite popular here!" "She play's hockey? There's a girl's ice hockey team? Don't get me wrong but I still think that girls shouldn't be playing hockey it way to rough for them to handle! They should be on the sidelines cheering us on if you know what I mean"

"I actually thought that at first but then I met Sophia. We don't know how they will do but Sofia was the captain of the guy's team for two years in a row and we are doing really great so I am confident that they will do just as great probably even better!" "Well anyways I have to get to my next class so see you around?" "Ya see ya bro" After the bell rang, I almost got trampled, and I was one period closer to hockey tryouts!

The lunch bell finally rang, it was the best thing I herd all morning. Now I have an hour to do what ever the hell I wanted to do and I got to eat. What's better then food. I went to the cafeteria and herd someone yell my name. It had to be Jeremy, I look over and see him as he is signalling me to come over and sit with them. When I got there I recognized Sofia and Jeremy right away, but there were 13 other people who were strangers to me. One by one they introduced them self to me, they all played hockey even the girls so I guess I found my hockey table.

Lunch went by fast and I was surprisingly having fun, they were all welcoming and accepting of me right away none of them judged me or asked me personal question, which was kind of nice for a change.  This  is the quickest I made friends, I guess maybe this time could be different. Lunch ended really fast and I had to go back to class cause in order to make and stay on the team you had to have at least an 85% average in all of your classes. I also really want to go to a good college so I have to step up the grades.

The day finally ended it felt like I have been here all day but the funny thing is that it's only 2 o'clock. Hockey tryouts are finally here and I am ready to show them what I am made of. I get there and guess whose on the ice, none other than Sofia Wilson. I guess it's possible because her brother is here and she was captain last year so it kind of makes sense. Plus I think her brother is the team captain. Which is pretty chill seeing as he is a cool guy. The tryouts came and went so fast I didn't even realize it was over till I herd the zamboni buzzer. Sofia isn't as bad as I thought and she is actually one of the team trainers, but that still doesn't change my opinion on the fact that girls shouldn't be playing.

"Hey Liam you coming to watch the girls play it's there first game of the season." Sebastian asked me as I was walking out " Sure I guess" it's not like I have any plans anyways.

*******************************************