The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

CHAPTER ONE: HOBBITS TO ISENGARD

~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~

     Valadhiel gave a soft sigh as she sat against the trunk of a tree, her legs dangling over the side of a branch. They were taking a small break to catch a quick meal before she, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, and this Drimeth fellow continued tracking Merry and Pippin. Aragorn told them that the orcs had stopped, so this was their chance to grab a quick and much needed meal before they continued again. Hopefully they would catch up soon.

     She looked up at the dark, starlit sky as she took a bite of lembas, then set the bread down. After hearing someone beside her, she looked to her left, then she smiled when she saw that it was Legolas before she looked up at the sky again. "Is Aragorn about ready to continue after them?" She asked quietly.

     "Just about." Legolas replied just as quietly, looking at Valadhiel for a moment before he turned his attention to the sky. After a moment, he spoke to her in a hushed whisper. "Nar le-"

     "I know what you're going to say, Legolas." Valadhiel interrupted in a whisper. "To be honest... no, I'm not certain that Drimeth is necessarily on our side. All I know that he is similar to me, and that he did rescue me. Other than that... I know nothing of him- other than that so far, he doesn't seem to be the... friendliest... of people."

     "No kidding..." Legolas murmured softly, still using a hushed tone. "The mere way he looks at me gives me that impression."

     Valadhiel nodded. "He gives me the same look at times... and, if I have picked up on his feelings correctly, he... hates Elves..."

     Legolas furrowed his brow before he looked at Valadhiel. "Why? And, in which case, why would he accompany us?"

     Valadhiel sighed and gently shook her head. "I've no idea... we'll just have to keep an eye on him. If he proves to be an enemy helping us for information, or for his own personal gain, we'll have to fight him off."

     Legolas wondered if Drimeth could possibly be after the Ring... or if he was sent here to delay them in getting the Hobbits back. His eyes widened just a little. Perhaps Drimeth and the orcs thought that either Merry or Pippin had the Ring?

     Valadhiel looked over at Legolas when she sensed a stream of thoughts in his voice. "The same thoughts have crossed my mind, too." She whispered to him. "But be careful... I don't know if Drimeth is capable of sensing thoughts or not, and we mustn't let him know that we are suspicious, whether or not we're right."

     Legolas nodded softly after she spoke, then he looked down at Aragorn when he walked over to the tree and looked up at the two Elves.

     "Let's get going, you two. They're on the move again. We must make haste."

     Both Legolas and Valadhiel nodded. Legolas jumped down from the tree, then he waited for Valadhiel, who jumped down but stumbled a little. He caught her around the waist and made sure she was steady before he let her go, blushing just slightly.

     Valadhiel's heart had nearly leaped out of her chest when she stumbled and nearly fell, then it beat quickly after Legolas caught her, and she, too, blushed. "Hannon le, Legolas..." She said quietly.

     Legolas smiled and softly nodded in response, murmuring a 'you're welcome' in Sindarin, before he followed after Aragorn, who was already heading out with Gimli. He quickly caught up, and Valadhiel followed after him, then glanced behind her at Drimeth, who followed after them, remaining silent. He seemed... cold and distant... and something about him just seemed off. She decided that she would definitely be keeping an eye on him, so she fell back and waited for him to catch up before she walked alongside him. "So, where are you from?"