Another Vision

~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~

       "Valadhiel?" Legolas said. "Valadhiel?"

     Legolas shook her a little when she didn't respond. Still no response.

     "Man na raica?" [1] Aragorn asked, stopping to look at Legolas.

     "Im alpol net dambeth ho Valadhiel." [2]

     Aragorn looked back at the others, who had stopped and were looking at them questioningly.

     "Man na raica, Estel?" Gandalf asked.

     "Valadhiel na lorna ar selma pol eccoita." [3] Aragorn called back to him.

     "He boe an net laug." [4] Legolas added.

     "Speak so everyone can understand!" Gimli shouted in frustration. "What's going on?"

     "Le bad pen men." [5] Gandalf said. "We'll catch up."

     Legolas picked up his pace and passed the others. He didn't look back or slow down until he was out of Caradhras. He lay Vala down on a large stone and quickly gathered sticks to build a fire. Once he had a fire going he picked Vala back up and set her next to the fire, silently praying that she'd be alright.

     He sat beside her until the rest of the Fellowship finally arrived. He stood up and walked over to Aragorn.

     "Manen na Vala?" [6] Aragorn asked.

     "Im car uista." [7] Legolas answered.

     Gandalf walked over to the motionless leopard. The only way you could tell she was alive was the rise and fall of her chest/belly as she breathed. He lay a hand on her forehead and muttered something in Sindarin. He stood up as Valadhiel finally began to stir.

~<3~<3~<3~

      Valadhiel stood on the same stone platform that was surrounded by mist she'd been standing on when she had her vision with Galadriel in it. She looked up as Lady Galadriel once again descended in a beam of light. Valadhiel bowed and Galadriel returned the gesture.

     "What brings you to my dreams again, Lady of Light?" Valadhiel asked.

     "A warning." Galadriel answered. "You are near death at the moment. It is the work of Saruman."

     Valadhiel nodded. "Yes, he sent a stream of freezing water at me. I assume I am beginning to freeze to death."

     Galadriel nodded. "I am not one to give away the future, but I will tell you this: you will not die from the cold, for you will be needed later in this quest."

     "That is good to know. What is the warning?"

     "Saruman, as you know, has betrayed us and is now working for Sauron. You must beware of the two. They will do everything they can to poison your mind. You mustn't let that happen. It would spell doom for all of Middle-Earth."

     "I realize that, my lady." Valadhiel said, crossing her arms. "And I do not mean disrespect, but I am not my father. I will never let Sauron or any evil being poison my mind. Nothing could ever convince me to join him. As you well know, I despise orcs. The thought of being in league with them makes me sick."

     Galadriel nodded slowly. "Yes, that I do know. Just remember to never underestimate the power of Sauron, Saruman, or their evil forces."

     Valadhiel suddenly felt warmth spread across her and looked down at her arms. "What is happening?"

     "Legolas has set you in front of a fire, and Gandalf is trying to wake you. I will now leave so your friends will worry no longer." Galadriel suddenly ascended into the sky, just as before.

     Valadhiel opened her eyes and shivered slightly. She looked up at the Fellowship, who had their gazes locked on her. She slowly got to her feet and stretched. Legolas and Aragorn knelt next to her while Gandalf stood.

     "Are you feeling alright?" Aragorn asked.

     "Yes, much better now that I'm warm." Vala replied. She looked back up at Legolas. "Thank you for carrying me."

     "Le nar aldol." [8] Legolas replied. "I am glad you're alright."

     Valadhiel smiled. "As am I." She looked at the others. "Have all of you dried off yet?"

     "No, and I do not believe we have the time." Gandalf said. "But thanks, Vala."

     Valadhiel shifted into her elf self. "I have a quick way of doing it now." She created a ball of light blue fire in each hand and threw it at Gandalf and Aragorn. "Warm enough to dry you off, but cool enough to keep you from burning." She proceeded to do the same with the others, though Boromir was reluctant at first.

     "I'm ready to continue now." Valadhiel said, turning to Gandalf. "Lead the way."

     As the Fellowship continued on their journey, Valadhiel looked at the sunset. She always loved to watch the sunset and sunrise. It was so beautiful, especially in Rivendell. She loved when the sun was behind one of the waterfalls, making it shine.

     Legolas walked up to Valadhiel. "Here's your satchel, by the way."

     Valadhiel took her satchel and smiled. "Thank you, Legolas."

     After that they walked in silence once again, each individual lost in their own thoughts.

     She suddenly began thinking of her vision. That was twice Lady Galadriel had warned her about Sauron trying to poison her mind. She hadn't been worried about it the first time, but should she be? She looked at her feet as she walked. Maybe, but there was no way she would let that evil overlord poison her mind.

~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~

[1] What is wrong? (Sindarin)
[2] I cannot get a response from Valadhiel. (Sindarin)
[3] Valadhiel is asleep and will not wake up. (Sindarin)
[4] She needs to get warm. (Sindarin)
[5] You go without us. (Sindarin)
[6] How is Vala? (Sindarin)
[7] I do not know. (Sindarin)
[8] You are welcome. (Sindarin)

Note: Some words are in Quenya, but not many and only if they have no Sindarin word for what I'm looking for. So I sometimes use one Quenya word in a Sindarin sentence. If it is completely in Quenya then I'll be sure to say so.