The Bridge of Khazad-dum

~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~

     The Fellowship ran through the mines, making for the Bridge of Khazad-dum, being pursued by several orcs. Legolas stuck close to Valadhiel, who  was still clutching her shoulder. The pain spread through her body, making every move burn.

     They suddenly came to a halt as thousands of orcs crawled down the pillars and surrounded them. Everyone drew their weapons and prepared for another fight: though this one seemed pretty hopeless as they were severely outnumbered.

     Valadhiel jumped when a burst of light, followed by a growl, appeared at the end of a hall. The orcs began screeching and crawled away into the darkness once more, frightened by the creature that lay ahead.

     "What is this new devilry?" Boromir asked.

     "Durin's Bane." Valadhiel said in a weak whisper.

     Legolas, being the only one that heard Vala, looked at her after glancing down the hall. "It sounds like we'll have to do more running. Are you sure you can make it in your condition?"

     "I'll have to."

     "A Balrog: a demon of the ancient world." Gandalf said. "This foe is beyond any of you, including Vala. Run: quickly!"

     Everyone took off running down the hall and through a passageway. Valadhiel, who was struggling with keeping up, used her wings to give her a boost. Every now and then she would flap them to keep up with the Fellowship.

     They ran down a flight of stairs, which ended abruptly before a chasm. Boromir would have fell in had Legolas not reached out and pulled him back. Valadhiel blinked heavily, trying to get rid of the black spots she was seeing. Now was not the time to be passing out due to poison and blood loss.

     "Gandalf." Aragorn said.

     "Lead them on, Aragorn." Gandalf said. "The bridge is near."

     Aragorn drew his sword when the Balrog's growl was heard, but Gandalf pushed him away.

     "Do as I say! Swords are no more use here."

     The Fellowship ran down a steep staircase, Aragorn leading. Valadhiel almost toppled down the stairs, but Legolas caught her and helped her the rest of the way down. Halfway down the stairs, however, there was a large gap. Legolas leaped across and waved over at Gandalf.

     "Gandalf!" He called.

     The gray wizard looked back when another growl was heard before joining Legolas across the gap.

     "Valadhiel!" Legolas called, arms spread out. "You next!"

     Valadhiel back up slightly before running and, with the help of her wings, she made it across. Legolas caught her in his arms and helped her stand before turning back to the others.

     Arrows suddenly came at them. Vala drew her bow and helped Legolas and Aragorn take out the orcs.

     Boromir grabbed Merry and Pippin and jumped across the gap. Aragorn then tossed Sam and Boromir caught him. He was about to grab Gimli so he could toss him, but the dwarf refused.

     "Nobody tosses a dwarf!" He said before jumping across the gap.

     Gimli almost fell, but Legolas caught him by the beard.

     "Not the beard!" Gimli shouted.

     Valadhiel flew forward and lifted Gimli before setting him down with the others. She then landed next to him.