three

I looked around. I was feeling awkward and out of place. Jai and Luke was playing on fifa which didn't actually get snapped. Beau was on his laptop and I was just sat.... On the sofa, on my own.
The door bell rang and Luke jumped up to answer it. My head shot towards the door as he closed it behind him.

"Probably another girl" Jai muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" I asked, with confidence.

"Luke brings home a different girl everyday you should know that" He laughed.

"Im not here by choice, trust me" I grunted. Beau let out a small chuckle.

"What are you laughing at im serious!" I playfully threw a cushion at him causing him to hold his hand on his heart and shout dramatically.

"I HAVE BEEN SHOT!" He screamed. I started to laugh, maybe this wouldn't be as bad as I imagined it.

"Don't worry I will save you Beau!" Jai yelled, jumping up and running towards me. He pounced on me and started tickling me.

"STOP PLEASE" I shouted and roared with laughter.

"No, Beau come and help" Jai said, continuing to tickle me. A few moments later, I was on the floor screaming laughing with the boys attacking me.

At that point Luke walked in with a girl. She was tall, with black hair. "Sorry Hope, would you mind going home now its just im busy" He rudely asked.

"No, she can stay and hang with us" Jai defended me, I smiled and looked to Luke.

"No Jai, im busy right now" Luke spoke louder than before making me feel somewhat scared of him.

"Don't shout at him" I gave up, standing up and fixing my skirt.

"Ill leave" I said, waving at Beau and Jai and walking out of the room.

I picked up my backpack from the hallway and made my way outside. I didn't really have any real friends and being with the boys then reminded me of what I was missing, all the laughter and banter. I left the house quietly and started to walk the long journey home. I pulled out my phone and logged onto my facebook. I didn't use it to post things, I only spied on people at school. It was a source of information seen as though I didn't have any other. I had a message, which was unusual because nearly all of the messages I get are spam and junk.

I smiled as I opened the message.

From: Jai Brooks

Get ready and meet me at the park, we can hang out for a bit if you want?

My grin was now ear to ear. I could potentially make some friends from this and Jai seemed like a really cool guy.

To:Jai Brooks

Sure, wont be too long (:

I typed back before jogging back to my house.

"Hello?" My mum shouted as she heard the door open. "Its just me mum" I replied, throwing my backpack down and running for the stairs.

I quickly got changed before running out of my room, and switching off the lights behind me.
"Where are you going?" My mum asked, as I made my way sneakily to the front door.

"Your supposed to be doing your revision. You have exams coming up" She whined.

"Mum, im going out. Please? I never ever go out and I could be making some friends here?" I pleaded.

Her foulds in her eyes deepened as she replied "No"

What does she mean 'no'? I never leave the house let alone go partying. I have spent four years revising and doing enough revision to last me a life time.

"Im going anyway" I replied. My mum foulded her arms and looked at me. I have never questioned my mum. I do what she says and I respect all of her choices. Not this time.

"This isn't like you Hope"

"Maybe there is a new Hope"

I replied, before opening the front door and slamming it behind me. The new Hope? Just because I have one friend doesn't mean im going to be a whole different person, I could be if I wanted...I just don't know if I have the guts for a lifestyle makeover. Everyone in school would look at me funny and laugh at me behind my back. I have been hanging around with Luke for a few hours and already considering becoming something I swore I would never become.

I stopped in my tracks as I saw Jai. He smiled and waved. I didn't move, all of a sudden I was shy. I wanted to be at home, I didn't want to make friends. He was with another girl, what happens if she hates me?
"Hello" Jai smiled at me. I didn't say anything I just looked at the girl.

"Oh hi, im Katy. Im a friend of Jai's" she hugged me. I hugged her back realising I was being stupid.

Picture this...You leave all your friends and turn into the school nobody you have no friends and spend all your time alone or with your mum. Im sure you wouldn't pass up on an opportunity of friends. Especially when I could hang with Jai whenever I had to come over to his household.

"Nice to meet you" I spoke up, I didn't want to be the nobody anymore.

Earlier Luke made me feel like shit. Seeing him send me home just so he could fuck some slut that he picked out from the tiny amount of girls that he hadn't already. "This is Hope, she is a friend of my brothers" Jai politely introduced me.

"We aren't friends, just forced French partners" I corrected him.

We started to walk down the street, towards the park. I wanted to spend as much time away from home as possible. My mum wasn't exactly my best friend at the moment. My phone rang and I answered, quickly.

"Hi Hope, its mum. I have to go on a business trip. I'm so sorry for arguing with you earlier. Ill see you tomorrow. Love you" She rushed, hanging up before I had chance to reply.

"Fuck" Jai muttered under his breath. "Whats up?" I asked, concerned. "Luke's walking towards us" He replied. I looked ahead and saw Luke on his own, walking towards us.

Not the slightest bit bothered about being rude to me before. "Jai, you have to come home. Mum said there is a storm and doesn't want you to get hurt" He spoke softly. "Im going to leave then, ill catch my bus just down the road" Katy smiled. I gave her a quick hug and said goodbye before she made her way off. "Hope, would you like me to wait for your mum to pick you up?" Jai asked. Luke looked at me, obviously wanting me to say no because he was getting impatient. "Mums not home, im all alone for tonight. But thanks for the offer." I smiled politely. "Okay then, stay safe. Bye" Jai said, hugging me tightly. I looked at Luke. "Goodbye Brooks" I smiled before I made my way home for a long night of being alone.