Chapter 16

A few days have passed since Rickys been shot. Lucious was hardly home, picking up the slack and still running things. Cookie felt that was best anyways. She thought she was comming down with something when she started sleeping alot.

Now she had frequent headaches and an upset stomach. Kind of what Mama Effie had a few days ago when Cookie went over to cook for the girls cause she wasn't feeling good.

She assumed she just caught whatever she had, good thing Lucious was rarely home so he wasn't going to catch it. She threw on a white sports bra with some jean shorts. She wasn't feeling her shirts so she went into Lucious's stuff and snagged a jersey.

 She wasn't feeling her shirts so she went into Lucious's stuff and snagged a jersey

She was gonna take Mama Effie to the docter office. She needed to make an appointment herself. She felt horrible. She begun her walk down the street. Mama Effie's house wasn't but a little ways down the road.

A car rolled up next to her and she stopped. She gave a slight smile as the window rolled diwn. Lucious grinned at her.

"Where you going baby?" He asked.

"Taking Mama Effie to the docter." Cookie answered walking up to the window.

"Shit..my bad I forgot." Lucious spoke.

"I just been running lately. I miss my woman." He confessed. Cookie chuckled.

"I miss you to." She smiled.

"Well like I've been saying lately Bunk was comming back. He's supposed to come in today. He's gonna take up Rickys load, then I'll be back at the house with my love." Lucious grinned. Cookie forgot Bunky was getting his shit together. She's seen him every once in a while. Their relationship was back on its normal train.

"Shit..baby give me a kiss. Ima be late." Cookie spoke leaning into the car. Lucious met her halfway.

"Ight. I see you later...and I want my jersey back." He joked slowly pulling off. She rolled her eyes, he knew he wasn't getting the jersey back.

She arrived at Effies shortly after their talk. Walking up the woman was already in the car. Cookie hurridly went and hopped in the driver's seat.

"Sorry. Got a little caught up." Cookie apologized cranking the old car up.

"No worries hun. We still early." Effie dpoke as they pulled off. They rode in silence for a while before Effie suddenly dpoke up. She had been slyly examining Cookie since she got in the car.

"So.. How are you feeling?" She asked. Cookie glanced over at her.

"Uhh...Ok I guess. Feeling alittle under the weather." Cookie answered. Effie hummed staring at her.

"How so?" She asked.

"Some headaches, and my stomachs been doing flips all day." Cookie groaned. Effies eyes became uncomfortable as if they were peering into her soul. Cookie cleared her throat.