Chapter 13; Happiest girl alive

I wake up in the bland hospital room, this place might as well be my second home with how much I'm here. My hooded eyes glance around the room, my eyes landing on Mitch who's sat in the chair with his hands in a prayer like manner, covering his mouth as his knee bounces anxiously,

"Hey baby" I smile weakly with a raspy and broken voice.

His head shoots up and his neck snaps in my direction as his eyes widen and sparkle, "oh my god, thank god you woke up" he sighs in relief and peppers kisses all over my face.

I giggle and cup his cheeks, kissing him, "once again you're my knight in shining armour" I smile and rest my forehead against his.

"And I will be until death" he smiles and replaces his forehead with a kiss.

I smile and wrap my arms around his neck, "I got worried that you wouldn't come and give up on me like everyone else" I mumble as tears brim my eyes.

"Ayra, I would never give up on you, you're the light off my life, you pulled me back from the darkness I was in, and you know I'll always come back for you princess" he smiles and runs his thumb over my cheek bone.

I smile at him and hug him, "god I love you Mitch Rapp"

"I love you too Ayra Stark" he smiles.

*

I smile and sit on the couch, "Mitch" I giggle as he props my head up with the pillow and puts pillows under my leg to elevate it.

"What princess? Is something hurting?" He begins to panic as I smile at him, loving how caring and protective he's being.

"No but I'm fine, I can do these things on my own" I giggle and smile at him as he huffs.

"I'm going to run you a bath, I'll be back down soon" he says and heads upstairs, running me a bath as I lay back on the couch and think about what happened, my fingers tracing over the cuts and bruises that I can see.

After about 20 minutes he comes pounding back downstairs and helps me up as I smile at him. He leads me upstairs and into the bathroom.

"I'll be back in a minute" he reassures me as he walks back out.

I strip down to nothing and look over my body at all the marks and sigh, climbing into the hot but soothing bath as I rest my head back against the head rest and sigh in relief at how relaxing this is.

I smile to myself, hearing him rustling around in our bedroom, "Mitch, what're you doing?" I call with a giggle.

"Nothing, just looking for some off your comfy clothes" he lies.

"They're in the top draw with your joggers" I call again.

"Thank you baby girl" he calls back and I smile, resting my eyes again, relaxing.

Mitch walks back into the bathroom once over finished cleaning myself and he helps me out, I tuck the towel around my soaked body as I walk back into our room.

The candles light up the dark room, the scent off vanilla seeping through the air, rose petals scatter the carpet beneath me and leads out to our balcony as I grab my robe and tie it around me, putting the towel on the bed as I head out to the balcony.

"What is all off this?" I ask, the balcony lit up with fairy lights, making it sparkle under the moons reign.

He doesn't respond, making me confused as I feel his presence behind me, "Mitch" I whine and spin around, my eyes widening at the sight before me.

Mitch on one knee with a small velvet box in his hand.

"Ayra, since the first moment I saw you, you took my breath away, when you were unconscious on that hospital bed, I thought I lost you, that made me realise I can't live without you, without your contagious smile and laugh, your witty sarcastic jokes, the way your eyes sparkle when you talk about something you love, god just everything about you makes me the happiest guy alive, you brought light back into my life when I thought I was doomed forever. I want to keep you in my life for the rest off my life, I want to keep you safe, I want to protect you from this horrible world, I want you Ayra Stark, and you only. Will you marry me?" Mitch asks, opening the box and revealing a diamond ring as I gasp.