She walks to Dorian first, his sapphire eyes sparkling. "I'll bring you back books-" she says, attempting to sound light and carefree, but her words caught. So she decided to just not speak, reaching on her tiptoes to hug him, chuckling as he muttered something in her ear. Pulling back and eyeing Manon for a second, not sure whether or not to risk it. The beautiful woman sighs and nods, opening her arms for Elena to walk into, squeezing the girl gently. "They would have loved you," she says softly, and Elena knew who she was talking about. Her Thirteen. The brave witches who sacrificed themselves so others might survive, changng the tide in The War. "Live Elena. Live," the woman whispers, leaning forward and kissing her brow. There was something heavy about the words, something that made her insides settle. Not trusting herself to reply with coherent words, she just nods, hoping her eyes portray her gratitude. 

She moves on to Chaol, embracing him quickly and tightly, him holding her with as much force. It was difficult saying goodbye to him and his wife no matter how long she'll be away. Doing the same to Yrene, her bright smile warming Elena to her bones. "You better keep safe. Healthy too. I should've made a little bag, or a pack or-" she's cut off by Elena's chuckle. "Yrene, I solemnly swear to keep healthy and not run headfirst into any danger," she pauses for a second, "if I can help it," she says with a grin, but Yrene deems the answer satisfactory and leans forward to kiss her cheek.

Lysandra and Aedion were next, Elena stopping in front of them and sighing slightly. "This isn't very nice, by the way," she tells her mother dryly, chuckles scattering amongst them. Leaning up and hugging both of them, "Dont give Lady Lysandra here too much trouble," she whispers to Aedion, who replies with a grin, "Nothing she can't handle," he says, giving Lysandra a wink, who just rolls her eyes. "Remember your training- come back to us in one piece, okay?" Lysandra says, and Elena nods. "Always."

Moving onto Evangeline, whom she hugged for a rather long time, the two women whispering in hushed tones to each other, although the Fae around them could hear them. "Don't go on too many adventures without me, okay?" Elena says, pulling back, her eyes lined in silver. "Oh it would be absolutely dull without you anyways," she answers, giving her a small grin, her own eyes a bit damp, kissing her head before letting her go.

And last but not least, Elide and Lorcan. Telling herself she was not going to cry, just repeating that in her head. Wrapping her arms tightly around Elide, who does the same, and she could scent the salty smell of tears. "You look after him. He's getting old, and arthritis is a silent killer," she tells Elide, jerking her head to Lorcan, ignoring the kick he sends into the side of her leg. Elide chuckling, "I've been looking after him for a while now, I think I've got the hang of it. But I won't let him crack his knuckles anymore, promise." Elena laughs, the sound joyful and true, nodding at the brilliant woman before her. Before turning to where Lorcan was stood and wiping her eyes, "You better not tell anyone about this. The damage to my reputation would be irreparable," she states, and he grins, wrapping her in a hug that took her off her feet. Her and Lorcan had always been close, closer than she'd been with the others, and she used to beg to go visit Perranth. Now she just showed up at their door, and trained with Lorcan for the next few days, or however long she needed. "You give them hell," he whispers into her hair, and she grins as she pulls back, her feet touching the ground. "I give everyone hell, Lord Lorcan Lochan, and they will not be spared," she says, leaning forward and planting a kiss on his cheek. Before turning and standing before her mother and father.

The mighty Queen and King of Terrasen. Both with tears in their eyes. "Oh gods don't tell me you've gone soft on me," she says, walking up to them, wiping at her own tears. Both of them just telling her to shut up as they wrapped her up, and she swore she felt her ribs crack one by one. "You better not cause any trouble," her mother says, wiping the moisture from her face.

"Have you forgotten who my mother is?" Elena asks, leaning forward and kissing her cheek, then her dad's. They'd said proper goodbyes yesterday, after talking about the risk, and the inhabitants, and everything unknown about Prythian. "Oh andtell Fenrys bye for me, yeah?" She asks as she pulls back from them both to walk towards the Wydrmark circle in the middle of the courtyard. And then she was getting snatched back by  Aelin, bringing her into another hug and whispering something in her ear soft enough so even Rowan couldn't hear, although there was still power in her voice. "You do not yield."

Before she could ask what she meant, Aelin pushed her forward, and she was walking towards the circle, away from her friends, her family. "Don't get too bored without me," is all she says before stepping into the circle.

Blowing them all a kiss, a wicked grin on her face, she finishes the mark with the toe of her boot and just like that, Elena Whitethorn Galathynius was out of this world, and thrust into the next.

---

word count: 1712

hey bffs! i hope you enjoyed, and don't forget to vote & comment!