I watched her with worried eyes and felt just as I had felt those five days ago.

Anxious!

I had been sleeping when around one in the morning our third in command burst into my room followed by my parents.

"Whats going on?" I had asked.

"Gabriel, Beta Im not supposed to be telling you this, the alpha ordered you to stay here in the lands patrolling but...I feel like you must know," he had said with a pale face.

"What is it?" I had asked, I remembered thinking that it had finally happened, the idiot of Brent had finally had the guts to come attack but what our third in command said after made me open my mouth in shock!

"It's your mate Beta, I shouldnt be telling you this, the alpha was clear when he told me not to mention it to you just yet, luckily he didnt say it in his alpa tone and now its been about an hour and he hasnt come back yet and-"

"What about my mate?! What happened?"

"The alpha didnt explain much, he just said he got a very urgent call from his granddaughter and that he needed to get to vampire lands immediately! He took a small handfull of werewolfs with him, God knows why, but-"

He hadnt even gotten to finish when I was already up faster than a rocket, despite my parents pleading and the third in command's arguing there was nothing they could say to me to stop me from going to vampire lands to find out what had happened with Anneliese!

"When did the alpha get that call?!"

"I dont know Beta, he just called me to patrol while he was out, he didnt want you to know for some reason, but since it involves your mate sir, I...I felt the need to let you know what was going on!"

Of course the alpha didnt want me to know anything, he knew I would act on impulse and go over to vampire lands. He probably had his reasons to not telling me anything, but whatever his reasons were they werent enough to me, to say I was mad he hadnt let me know anything would be nothing.

I was shaking all over furiously as I made my way out the house, the temperture had dropped so much I could see my breath in the cold night.

"Tell me again what the alpha told you"

"I told you beta, he didnt say much, he looked like he was in a rush. All he did was yell orders around, but to tell you the truth he-...."

"He what?!"

"He well, looked scared, as if something had happened, Luna looked just as worried, she looked really anxious as if- Beta? BETA!" That had been enough to get me running! I stripped and hastily tied my clothes to my leg with a loose rope that I had spotted and ran full speed towards the waterfall.

That night I did two very almost illegal things.

One, was obviously not following my alpha's orders, but I was way past that.

And two, I was trespassing forbidden land, shifting back to my human form and running up the cliff next to the waterfall into vampire lands, technically any vampire could've attacked me freely, killed me even if they had wanted to, but the fact that the land smelled distinctly like werewolf all around gave me reassurance!

The alpha's scent and about five other scents were lingering around in the woods, and to my great relief, so did the scent of the rude leeches and the most wonderful scent I had ever smelled that night, Annie's!

I followed their scents, careful to follow in the right direction, the whole time my heart had been ready to burst out of my chest, and not because I was tired, because something deep in me told me Annie was in either in great danger or this had to do with her being hurt!