Chapter 10

A:N/ Thank you so much for reading :D sorry for any mistakes!

Chapter 10

Anneliese P.O.V

I looked at myself in the mirror and tried to make as less noise as possible.

I swallowed hard as I looked at myself, I was wearing a short black dress and black heels, a present from mom for my 16th birthday. I had never worn this dress, dad said it wasnt appropriate for my age so I had never worn it, but now I think the occasion called for it.

My dark hair was curled and I had put on makeup, I reminded myself not to put on perfume because mom and dad would smell it and then they would become suspicious.

I looked at myself once more and smiled nervously at my reflection, I looked good, pretty even.

Brent had told me I had to make myself look a bit older for this party but now, well now I didnt know if what I was wearing was alright!

I was a nervous wreck I have to admit, today was the night of the stupid party where I would pretend to be Brent's girlfriend, oh thats going to be horrible I thought to myself squeezing my eyes tight.

Brent had come into my room yesterday night, to remind me that today was the party and to prepare me for tonight. He told me that I had to get into an argument with my parents and then lock myself in my room for the rest of the night skipping dinner, that I had to get ready for the party, he would pick me up at around 8 and that he would take care of the rest, all I had to do was be ready and make sure my parents didnt catch me getting ready.

So thats what I did, just before dinner time I got in this huge argument with dad about school and how he never lets us out and how we need freedom and privacy and stupid things like that. I chose to fight with dad instead of mom because I knew that if I fought with mom then later she would make sure to check up on me and make sure to fix things, with dad its different, he gives us our space until we're ready to apologize.

So thats what I had done, the whole day I acted grumpy and I argued with dad before dinner time and then yelled at mom and him to leave me alone for the rest of the night, that I wanted to be alone in private and then locked myself in my room and havent come out since then.

I tried gulping my nerves away and tried not to walk around in my room, I was sure my parents would be able to hear whatever I did in here, as a precaution I put on nice low music, so maybe that would distract them a bit.

They didnt act surprised or suspicious when I told them I wanted to skip dinner and stay in my room, Andy hadnt either and he hadnt come talk to me so I guess luck was on my side today.

Hopefully it would stay on my side because right now I needed it the most!

I was so nervous my stomach was all clenched up into a million knots!

This would be the very first time I was sneaking out, I still couldnt believe I was doing this!

Yesterday when Brent came into my room I asked him once again why I needed to do this, why this odd request?

Well he pretty much just got mad and said things that made me get more confused, but he promised he would leave me alone after this party and that he would never again bother me so as long as he kept his word then I was keeping mine.

I had to promise to him that tonight I would stay with him the entire party, that during that party I would pretend to be his girlfriend and act as if I were in love with him, something that got my stomach to turn because to be honest I had no idea how to act in love with someone! Much less pretend to be someone's girlfriend!