CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

Kronos's POV:

MEMORIES OVER ~ BACK TO PRESENT

I slowly opened my eyes, only to see Theo intently staring at me with emotion. My eyes spilled with tears, as I whispered out, "You were there... the whole time, watching ...me, weren't you?"

He laughed, wiping his tears. "Yes, I have. It's truly... nice to see that you remember me. I'm glad to see you again, Kronos."

"Theo... why didn't you ... tell me in the ... beginning?" I asked, wiping my tears away.

He crossed his arms after placing the clipboard down, "Well, that would ruin the fun, wouldn't it? It's payback for forgetting me so easily."

I chuckled, "That's fair. But... my memory is a bit vague. My mothers lover forgive me, but... where is his mate?"

"Died in a car crash. Typical death for a werewolf. We're always doing dangerous stunts or some crap that gets us killed even though there's warnings about it."

I frowned, "No second chance mate?"

"Nope, especially if he's fucking your thirsty ass mother? Definitely not. He's a soiled soul. Even the moon goddess rejected to have him get a second chance." He said plainly with no hesitation.

My mouth stood gaped open at his words. "Well... when I first met you, you didn't ... have a mate. Did you meet her after you were ... fired?"

He nodded, eyes softening at the mention of his mate. "Yes, I did. She helped me get back on my feet and without her, I wouldn't be here right now. Kronos, treasure Rhea for me, will you? I can tell she has helped you with your healing process, but you need to learn to not rely on her anymore. Indeed, mates help us, but we can't be so dependent on them that we can't do anything alone."

I nodded, taking his advice in. His facial expression suddenly changed when he seemed to have remembered something. "That's right. Since you've went down memory lane, how do you feel? Do you still blame yourself?"

"A ... little bit. I just can't help it. In the beginning, I refused to believe their words. But... as time passed on, the more they spat it at me, the more I just felt like I needed to listen to it and believe in it. I was beyond exhausted of trying to keep the voices away." I said, describing the feelings in me.

He nodded solemnly. "I understand. That is something we will need to work on since... well, it's late. Your father should be about-"

Before he could finished, several knocks rained in on the door.

"-Speak of the devil. He's here. Come in, Ouranos." Theo said, smirking.

I had an urge to roll my eyes at his silly behavior when my father came in looking relieved once he laid his eyes upon me.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Kronos. Please work on thinking differently about yourself, because you cannot properly love someone else until you love yourself. It is a requirement." Theo advises as he saw me off with my father.

Dad shook his hand, "Thank you, Theo. You've done a significant job for my son. We'll see you tomorrow evening."

Theo bows, "No problem, sir. It's great to have you up and about again. Anyhow, I will be busy until tomorrow evening since I need to get it on with my mate. Maybe do a 69."

Dad bursts out in laughter, "Well, I'm sure my son doesn't understand. Isn't that right, Kronos?"

I looked between both of them in wonder.

What does, '69' mean?

Theo winked at me playfully and closes the door as we leave. Looking down, I see my dad staring straight ahead as we walked away from the therapist. Although I was beyond confused of what just happened, my thoughts about loving myself consumed me.