CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Anger, is what I saw. In and out of his eyes before he bellowed loudly, "WHAT?! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!"

The heart monitor started beeping loudly, signaling dangers to his heart. If he keeps freaking out, his heart will give out and the nurses will rush in here in panic.

"Please calm down, and I'll explain," I ask, my Luna authority rolling out in waves, hoping to calm him.

Ouranos does as I say, the monitor now beeping soundly as it was supposed to do. He stared at me expectantly, waiting. I looked over to Kronos, nudging him. This surprises him but he quickly composes himself and stares into my eyes, as if asking, 'What?'

I motion my head towards his father, "You need to tell him Kronos, it's not my job to do so."

He frowns, but takes note that I'm no longer babying him and that he needs to step up his game. A heavy sigh escapes him, before his eyes fogs over. Glancing back at Ouranos, his eyes are also fogged. It was amusing to see their expressions changing over and over again, since they seemed to be having an argument in mind link.

A good 45 minutes later, the mind link battle was done. Ouranos on the other hand wasn't even close to being done, because he kept fuming.

"Are you saying my mate, Gaia, your own mother, did this to you? Along with other pack members? They made you mute because they blamed you for something you didn't even do?"

Kronos nodded, afraid of his reaction.

Life was just full of surprises today, because just before Ouranos could answer Kronos, a caramel furred wolf burst through the door. From what I smelled, it was a she-wolf. Unexpectly, Ouranos seemed to know her as he wobbled out of the hospital bed.

When he got out of bed, he fell quickly. The she-wild stepped closer, helping him up. Ouranos used her form as a leverage to stand, but he was still not stable.

A few minutes pass and he finally gained his balance.

His eyes seemed focus solely on her and no one else, it made me feel like I was interrupting a personal moment between the two.

They were in their own little world, like no one else mattered but them.

Kronos seemed petrified though, as he continued walking backwards slowly. I look at him in confusion, then understanding why.

The she-wolf shifted back into her human form revealing Gaia.

Rage filled me instantly, finding this wolf a threat. I nearly shift then and there, before Ouranos words stop me.

"Don't do it Rhea," he scowled, putting himself as a shield between us.

My eyes turned into a coal color, outraged that he would dare defend someone that abused his own son. A mate at that. Rain was pacing around in my head, growling loudly, wanting to end the female. To see her bleed beneath her paws.

Kronos, recovering from his state of fear, sees how dire the situation is, hesitantly hugs me from behind, igniting sparks between us. Rain purred, her growls becoming low. I leaned into Kronos, enjoying the warmth. His scent eloping me into paradise.

He was touching me more now, which meant he was slowly getting over his trauma. My male was becoming an Alpha, and I'm sure everyone else saw it as well.

A grin tugged his lips, before his expression got serious. He let me go, turning to face his father head on. Ouranos, however, had other plans. He gave a firm nod to us, turning his attention back to Gaia.

Confused, we watched the scene unfold in front of us.

Ouranos narrowed his eyes, disappointment and anger rolling off him in waves. Gaia whimpered at her mate, stepping closer to him, trying to reach him. He moved his body back in a flash, showing her his displeasure. I could see tears starting to prick Gaia's eyes, her realization dawning on her.

Her mate knows what she has done.

Like a dam, everything burst out of her.

"Ouranos... please, please, forgive me. I know what I did was wrong, b-but... I just couldn't stand the thought of losing you! You were in a coma and I thought you would never wake up!" she cried out, tears finally rolling down her pale cheeks.

He shook his head, "That doesn't find it as an excuse to blame everything on our son! He was 14 at the time, and couldn't even shift yet. I'm the one who should be blamed for being in a coma, because I'm the one who went after him! Look at him, Gaia! He's mute for gods sake! Because of your actions, some of the pack members still resent Kronos, and because of that, you've made the pack look weak! A mute alpha will be looked down upon, because as an alpha, he must have authority and control. Being mute doesn't allow that! Can't you see what you've done?!" Ouranos yelled out, his claws sharpening outwards.

Gaia burst into a fit of sobs, begging him to forgive her. Ouranos stood still, shaking. Trying to restrain himself from comforting his mate.

Ouranos took a in a deep shaky breath, tears starting to prick his eyes as well. "For this, I cannot forgive you. You're his mother, as well as my mate. But, this," he motions, flickering his finger between all of us, "cannot go on."

Gaia must have noticed what was about to happen, because her eyes widened impossibly wide, "No, please. Anything but that! We're mates Ouranos!" She shouted out.

With a restrained voice, he whispers, "I, Ouranos Reinhardt, reject you as my mate."