Chapter Six - Can I Change?

《 CASPER》

I had typed and then deleted a message to Alby so many times in the days that followed his announcement that he had left 8S2M. The fact is that I wasn't sure what to say to him regarding the entire thing.

I couldn't sympathize with him because my exit from the group was much different than his exit had been.

I had another message half typed into my phone when I heard the commotion outside my house.

"Hey C! This boy out here says he knows you and Ghost!" Jose hollered from the front yard.

I heard the footsteps go from my brothers room to the living room, and knew he was gonna handle whatever it was.

"Well son of a bitch. I never thought I'd see you back out here." I could hear Cade say.

"I had to come see Casper." A familiar voice replied.

"Come on in then." My brother said, "Hey Ghost you got a visitor!"

I slowly forced myself up and walked out of the room, down the hallway. Then my eyes met the familiar friendly gaze from Alby.

"Hey Cass." He said, smiling.

"Hey, come on back to my room." I said, gesturing for him to follow me. He pulled out his phone, typing something in on it before looking back up at me.

"Dinah says hey. And she also said for you to make sure I get back out of here in one piece." He said, laughing.

I laughed, "Tell her I'll have you escorted out of the hood." I said, sitting down.

Alby shook his head, leaning against the wall. "So you really live here now? Not that I'm dissing your brother and his friends, but this shit isn't you Casper."

I shrugged, "Cade and his friends were there for me when everything went down."

"The girls would have been there. Lauren tried to be there and you told her it was over from what I heard."

"Great, guess she filled everyone in on that."

We were silent for a couple minutes before I spoke back up, "So what happened after I got thrown out of the group?"

"I woke up in the hospital to find out you got told to leave, and then I also woke up to a thing of flowers with a card holding your all's gang symbol on the front with a note from your brother that anything I needed he would get for me."

"Yeah we're pretty loyal around here. Cade's a big fan of yours now."

"That's great to hear. Cause I'm gonna need him to help me convince you to be a member of the group I'm putting together."

"Nah, I'm done with group music."

"It'll be me, you, Dougie, and Carmelo. They're leaving too." He said, nodding. "And for the record, they voted you to stay in the group."

"Doesn't make a difference. That shit ain't me anymore man."

"It's what got you to where you are now. So as much as you may not like it, that shit is you."

"Alby, we'll be in direct competition with the guys. It's gonna rip up the whole 8S2M family."

"They've already torn the family apart as it is. We won't be doing anything more than just trying to pick up the pieces of our careers, and reuniting together in order to do so."

I let out a sigh, running a hand through my hair. "Let me think about it for a week or two. Okay?"

Alby nodded, smile spreading across his face again. "That's all I wanted, was for you to think about it." He said, walking toward the door. "I'll leave you to thinking."