Chapter Four - And Then You'll See,

《 CASPER》

As soon as I met the rest of both groups downstairs in the lobby, Lauren looked over at me. I quickly averted my eyes, not wanting to deal with whatever we had going on right now.

It was too early in the morning to get into a discussion about why the hell she left in the middle of the night. After we had fucked.

All I could figure out is that it was just a one night stand to her. The one thing I promised myself I'd never get involved in. Cause it only led to one thing, someone getting hurt.

And in this case that was probably gonna end up being me. As much as I hated to say it.

We had to head back to the tour buses for another full day of driving, and it was once we were back at the buses that I was filled in on the fact that we were all going to be riding in one bus together until we stopped for the night.

Because the guys thought it would be more fun that way, since riding in the bus was the only thing we had to do today. Which was just great.

As soon as we got back to the bus, I walked back to the bunk area - grabbing some clothes out of my bag and walking into the restroom to change.

I opened the door back up, finding Lauren standing there. "What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What's wrong with you? You're kind of being an ass."

I scoffed, shaking my head and walking past her. I sat down beside Alby on the couch and pulled my phone out, ignoring Lauren when she sat down beside me. I forced myself to glance over at her when my phone went off.

Laurser: so why are you pissed?

Me: no reason. Just kind of thought
we'd just go to ignoring each
other now. Considering you
disappeared this morning.

Laurser: you're seriously pissed
because I left early this morning?

Me: I'm not pissed.

Laurser: sure seems like you are.
Look Casper - tour and relationship
doesn't mix good. It always ends
messy.

Me: well you could have clued
me in on that at the beginning.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket, feeling her gaze on the side of my face. I ignored the multiple times my phone went off, keeping my eyes on the rest of the group as they all talked about different things.

《●》

Somehow by the end of the day, the decision had been made for our driver to switch off with a different one and for us to keep going through the night.

At that point the rest of the guys decided the girls could just chill out for the night on our bus. Instead of having to stop for them to switch buses.

Which we had enough room for everyone thankfully. We had two extra bunks, and then the other three could bunk with someone.

We had all gone to our beds a couple hours ago and I had been unable to actually fall asleep yet. I knew it was due to how everything had gone with Lauren. But it was really getting on my nerves, not being able to get to sleep.

It didn't help that I was all too aware of my phone having gone off a few more times since we had all headed to different beds. I finally gave up, grabbing my phone from beneath my pillow and opening up my messages.