Chapter Two - Living Fast.

《 CASPER》

I sat down on the cold metal chair, facing the thick glass as I met the eyes of my brother - a smile on his face. I picked up the phone that connected to the phone on his side.

"Damn, you've grown up." Were the first words out of his mouth.

I hadn't been able to stop and see him as much lately as I would like to. Always seemed to be on the road.

"Guess I have." I replied, laughing. His smile grew wider - but there was a bit of sadness in his eyes as he had to keep both of his hands up to his head in order to hold the phone, the handcuffs still attached to his wrists.

"I don't like that you have to come here to visit me, Cass." He said quietly.

"It's fine, bro. You're gonna get out of here and things will be better then."

"You know it's not gonna be that simple. You should know that by now."

It was true, I knew it. He had been in and out of jail for as long as I could remember. And every time he got out, he kept straight for a couple months and then went back to the gang and got caught all over again.

"Try harder. Next time you're out I won't be at home to pick up the pieces of mom and dad when you fuck up again."

He nodded, his eyes shifting down to the metal table. "You know what I'm looking forward to most, whenever I get out of here?"

"What?"

"Getting to come see you perform. I've never gotten to see you actually perform, Cass."

I smiled, "Well you'll have to make sure to stay out long enough for me to do a show in LA."

He smiled at me. "So any girlfriends?"

"Nah, not currently." I said, shrugging. "Been too busy with the group."

It had been a couple years since the X-Factor and my schedule hadn't gotten any less busy. If anything it had just gotten busier as the time had gone on.

Cade had already been out once since I had been on the X-Factor, but he was back in before I could get home to see him. Because I had been on tour at the time.

"Times up." The guard said behind Cade.

"Gotta go, kiddo. See you later." My brother said, hanging up the phone and standing up.

I placed the phone back in its holder and waved at Cade, earning a smile in return from him before I walked back out of the prison.

Alby was sitting in a rental car in the parking lot, waiting for me. "How'd things go?"

"Pretty good." I said, sitting down in the passengers side. "I'm just hoping he gets away from all the shit whenever he gets out."

Alby nodded, starting the car up. "The girls are at the house."

"What?" I asked, my head snapping in his direction.

"Yep." He said, driving off.

The second we pulled up into the driveway, he shut the car off and got out - walking up to the front door. I lagged behind him some, not sure about this whole get together.

I was used to Ally, Dinah, and Normani being around our house whenever we were all in town. And Melo normally went out to visit Camila. But Lauren being there threw me off, honestly.