Chapter Eleven - A Party Without A Parachute

Waking up with Melissa next to me was amazing. I don't know why, but it just felt . . . right.

Despite my best efforts, we didn't have sex again that morning but we did have a pretty bitchin' breakfast. So that's still a win right?

On a serious note though, it amazed me that I'd gotten her so wrong. I was convinced that she was this sweet little innocent thing but last night told me that she was anything but. She wasn't like a crazy dominatrix or anything. She just wasn't easy. I'm ashamed to say that that's not normally my type. I was now seriously questioning my attitude towards countless women from my past.

We both headed off our separate ways and went to our respective workplaces, but honestly my head really wasn't in it. I just wanted to dive back under her covers and have a daylong version of the night before.

Unfortunately I had Eddie and Joel to deal with instead.

"Hey dude!" Joel cried excitedly. Apparently he'd beaten Eddie to the punch because he was now receiving a hateful glare from my friend.

"You didn't come home last night!" Eddie scolded. "I was so worried. The shame!"

"I'm surprised you noticed," I smirked.

"I was pretty busy, wasn't I?" He grinned back.

"Were you watching the news?" Joel asked.

". . . . No . . ." Eddie shrugged in confusion. "I was banging Kiwi German Sarah so hard that she-"

"That's enough of that I think," I interrupted, more for Joel's sake than my own.

"So where were you?" Eddie asked, not missing a beat.

"I was with Melissa," I couldn't help the smile breaking onto my face like a rash.

"Son of a bitch," He whispered. "You actually did it! I was starting to think it was never going to happen!"

"You and me both!" I laughed.

"How was it? Come on, spill!"

"It was . . ." I started before remembering Joel was still loitering around us. "Joel do you mind?" I asked, moving my head in the direction I wanted him to leave in.

"No I'm good! Thank you though!" He smiled, clearly not getting the hint.

Eddie and I telepathically agreed to discuss it later and made an awkward situation out of bailing on Joel. Besides, I had a party to think about now.

*

The first of our guests arrived in record time. I wasn't even ready yet. They were definitely Dean's friends.

While he greeted them and got them sorted with the near-two-hundred-dollars worth of alcohol that we'd bought for the party, I continued to make myself look as best as I could.

I had initially planned on tonight being the night that me and Melissa would finally get it on, but now that was kind of out the window. I mean, I still wanted to obviously, but now it was actually kind of nice to deal without the stupid amount of pressure I was putting on myself.

Finally, I got my light brown hair into the perfect tidy mess and put on an unnecessarily tight t-shirt to give off my best Dwayne Johnson impression. I was looking, and feeling good and quickly downed my first beer.

The party was filling up now and I was already anticipating a noise complaint from one of the neighbours. Apparently Eddie was thinking the same, as he said as much as he sidled up next to me. After another laugh at our unfortunate neighbours, Eddie somewhat changed the subject.