10

After a few more days, (y/n) could finally leave the hospital. She was to change bandages nightly, apply some sort of cream to the wound, and take some pain killers if the pains and aches got too bad. She guessed she'd probably just use them for the pounding migraines she always got.

She was walking out of the hospital, Brian having pulled the car up to pick her up, thinking still of when she found Tim in her room. Now, she was overcome with a desire to see him, even if she could die from it. "Tim... I've changed my mind... Come back, please," She said to no one in particular. She just hoped somehow, he would get that message.

Brian takes her to the motel he stayed in. They were going to wait another couple days before getting back on the road, (y/n)'s decision back up by Brian's worry about her state.

After a while of watching horrible television and joking around, they decided to go out to eat, to celebrate (y/n) gaining back most of her freedom, even though she still felt trapped from betrayal and that want to see a certain someone.

The two went to a large diner at the outskirts of town. A more expensive one, yet still fairly cheap. Brian claimed he'd be the one to pay for everything.

They didn't notice a certain man sitting lonely at a booth as they walked in. They sat not to far from him actually, yet neither parties noticed. It was highly ironic.

(Y/n) was thinking about Tim, even as she ordered and ate her food while talking with Brian. Maybe that is what made him look over in her direction, seeing her in a better state than before. His heart lit up with her in his sights, but then he remembered. She wants nothing to do with him now.

It crushed him.

He laid the money down to pay for his meal as he got up, (y/n) doing such at the same time. That was when she noticed him finally. Their eyes met, (y/n)'s filled with happiness and glee at seeing him, Tim's filled with a dead feeling and hardly any care.

"(Y/n)?" Brian spoke up as he saw the girl walk in the opposite direction of the bathroom. He looked over and saw what, or more specifically who, she was walking to. She was fast, quickly going to hug the man, shocking and confusing him.

"(Y/n)... Why are you...?" He trailed off with his question, unsure of what he was even wanting to say. She kept herself close to him, looking up some at him. "I've missed you... So much..."

Even after what happened, her love for him would not part ways with her. It was stuck with her, like gum in her hair or super glue on her fingers.

"Look, I'm so fucking sorry for whatever I did... I don't even remember what it was, but I am.." He quietly spoke, feeling the smaller woman nod against him. "It's okay... I think..."

Now, Brian was standing near then, eased with how (y/n) was acting. He wasn't glaring nor threatening because she seemed okay with Tim now. He was honestly happy for that.

He had started missing his friend as well.

"Let's go?" (Y/n) suggested, a public place now becoming tiring for her. Brian nodded and her and him started to leave, Tim lowly hanging behind. "Come on, Tim, you too!" (Y/n) laughed as if it was obvious.

He had be accepted back and God was he happy about that.

They went back to the hotel, the sun started to set. The two beds were now too little of a number. It was decided Brian would get on, (Y/n) the other, and Tim could either get the chair or share with (y/n). The woman insisted they share when it came time he was falling asleep.

She stayed up much later than Tim and Brian, watching the TV. Some show about supernatural things was on, and honestly it was interesting. It became even more so when the tall creature stalking them came up.

"The operator. Slenderman. This thing has multiple names. Yet it always has the same appearance. Tall, white, and slender in a dark suit with a blood red tie. This creature has been dated back way into late history. This thing has such a large story and lore, most of it truly unknown, it's hard to even scratch the cover.

"To start, it kills. Children, mostly. Yet it loves messing with anyone it can. It'll stalk, abuse, and terrify its victims at every chance it has. Not many, if any, survive this thing.

"It is rumored to live by eating the flesh of children, hence why children is its main prey. Their youth keeps it alive, eternal. It's truly messed up.

"Children that have been its victims are never found or found mutilated in horrifying ways. Autopsies prove that most injuries are self inflicted, meaning it forced the children to destroy and deconstruct themselves. That, in our opinion, makes it even worse."

It went on, explaining more about the creature. She couldn't tell what was made up or could be real. Though most of it seemed legit.

At least now she knew what she was fighting, because she was tired of just running. She was going to fight back and drag that fucker to hell. She was going to be the predator instead of the prey.

As the show ended, (y/n) found herself dozing off. She fell asleep soon to the background noise of hospital sounds and drama.