Chapter 24 - 5.....4.....3.....2.....

Another short chapter and another cliff hanger! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Ready?’ I asked holding his hand. He nodded and pushed open the front door. Karen told us to come home for a bit and get some proper rest because we were flying to Paris the following day. Nathan had tried to convince Karen to let him stay for a few extra days after consulting Jayne, but Karen wasn’t having any of it. Jess was going to make it, they just didn’t know how long she would be out for.

The living room was untouched. ‘I’ll be here every step of the way’ I whispered rubbing his hand. I continued holding his hand and followed him towards the kitchen. The place was a mess. There was tea spilt all over the floor, along with some blood, and Jess’ finger press were scattered on the wall. ‘Baby it’s okay’ I sobbed pulling him in for a hug. ‘Jess is going to be okay, you heard the doctor. Look, I’ll clean this place up. Go over and sit down at the table, I’ll bring you some tea.’ He nodded and sat at the table.

I stuck the kettle on, not noticing what was left next to it. I filled a bucket with water and began mopping up the mess on the floor. ‘Poor Jess’ I whispered to myself wiping the tears that were beginning to fall. ‘What kind of cruel person would do this?’ I asked aloud. ‘Me’ the deep voice replied. I turned around and faced him, letting the mop hit the floor.

I felt Nathan’s arms catch me as I fell to the ground. ‘JACK’ I screamed in anger. Nathan looked at the figure in shock. ‘Sshh baby. I’ll sort this out’ he sobbed pulling me up. ‘What are you doing here?’ Nathan spat. ‘I’m here for you too. A little birdy told me that my Rachael is pregnant.’ He smirked. ‘Who told you that?’ he spat back. ‘I may have been following you for the last few days’ he explained laughing. ‘I’ll give you until 5 to leave before I call the police’ Nathan called picking up the phone.

‘5……….4……….3……….2………’ Nathan was cut off by a loud bang. Someone’s been shot. I heard a large thud followed by a moan from a young man. I looked up to see a heap on the floor in front of me. Who’s dead?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachael :)