Chapter 21 - Shopping

‘So, what’s the plan for today?’ Nath asked as we made our way home from the beach. We ended up sleeping on the sand last night! It was an eventful night! ‘I want to take Jess shopping, you know a little bonding session between us girls’ I winked. ‘Oh okay. Remind me to give you my credit card when we get home. I got it back from Emma yesterday, and when I say I got it back, she left in on the table when she came home and I swiped it when she wasn’t looking’ he explained. ‘You don’t need to give me your credit card, I have my own’ I informed him. ‘Yes I’m aware, but I want to treat you once in a while, after all you are my girlfriend!’ he smiled. That word sent shivers down my spine. I loved the feeling it gave me whenever Nay-Nay said it. ‘Girlfriend!’ It makes me feel special.

‘Achoo!’ I exclaimed. ‘Achoo!’ Excuse me!’ I apologised. ‘I think I’m coming down with a cold.’ ‘That’s what happens when you sleep in wet clothes baby!’ he pointed. ‘They wouldn’t have been wet if someone didn’t jump into the sea!’ I laughed. ‘I couldn’t help myself’ he replied. ‘Achoo! Achoo! Achoo!’ I exclaimed again. ‘Are you sure you’re up for shopping?’ he asked concerned. ‘Yes of course! It’s only a cold. I’ll wrap up warm and I’ll be fine’ I shrugged. ‘Okay, but text me before you get home, so I can get home before you and make dinner’ he suggested. ‘But Nathan you can’t cook!’ I pointed out. ‘Well I can put milk and packet soup in a saucepan and boil it. That’s not hard, but when Jess comes home, she can help me make your favourite, Spag Bol followed by Banoffee pie. How does that sound?’ he asked. ‘Lovely. You’re a sweetheart. What have I done to deserve you?’ I asked hoping for an answer. ‘I ask myself what I’ve done to deserve you!’ he smiled.

‘Oh you two are adorable together’ one passer by mentioned as we walked home. Nathan blushed and tried to hide it from me but it didn’t work. ‘Oh is somebody embarrassed’ I teased poking him. ‘I’m not embarrassed, I’m just tired’ he explained. ‘Sure!’ I replied. ‘Now let’s go home’ I called running on ahead. I looked back every now and again to see him gaining on me each time, but the last time I looked back, he was gone.

I ran up the steps of the flat and opened the door to find Nathan sitting down on the couch holding two cups of tea. ‘About time!’ he called. ‘What, how?’ I stuttered. ‘I took a short-cut!’ he explained patting the couch beside him. ‘I made you tea’ he said handing me the cup. He pulled a blanket up over me and began to cuddle me. ‘Still cold?’ he asked. I nodded. ‘Okay.’ He started rubbing my arms to retain body heat.

I was starting to nod off when Jess ran down the stairs. ‘You’re home! I thought I had forced you out of the bed when I woke up this morning and found that you weren’t there’ she exclaimed in a rush. ‘Jess, get dressed, Rachael’s taking you shopping. I’m not letting you out in your pyjamas’ he called as she rushed up the stairs. Babe, I think I’ll take you out for dinner tonight instead. I think Jay is taking Lucy out too so Jess will have the house to herself’ he suggested. ‘Whoo! Home alone!’ she cheered making our way towards us. ‘I better get ready if we want to get going’ I told her getting up off the couch.

I was in no mood for dressing up, so I threw on my black skinny jeans, red t-shirt, ugg boats and Nathan’s white hoodie. As I walked down the stairs Nathan stopped right in front of me. He eyed me up and down like something was wrong. ‘There’s something familiar about this whole outfit’ he declared moving his hand around a bit. ‘Yeah, it’s your hoodie!’ I exclaimed. ‘No, there’s something else. Have I seen it on my bedroom floor before?’ he asked smirking. ‘Um no’ I replies squinting. ‘Really, then I’ll have to change that. It’ll be there when you come home later’ he winked before walking off. ‘Yeah, so I can change before we go out’ I called. ‘Dirty minded boy’ I muttered. ‘But that’s why you love him’ Jess joked.

‘So where to first?’ I asked. ‘Forever 21?’ she suggested. ‘Let’s go’ I sang. We scanned every rail in the shop, but there was nothing that caught our eyes. ‘What exactly are we looking for?’ I asked exiting the shop. ‘Um, well we want to get you a sexy outfit for Paris!’ she laughed. ‘Why do I need a sexy outfit for Paris?’ I asked puzzled. ‘I don’t know, maybe he’ll surprise you or something!’ she hinted. ‘Maybe!’ I replied.

We strolled around the shops for another twenty minutes until we found the perfect ‘sexy outfit’ for Paris. It was a nautical style contrast tube dress with button front detail. I decided that I had heels at home to wear them with. ‘Shall we go to Starbucks?’ Jess asked. ‘Sure!’

As we made our way to Starbucks, Jess pulled me into Mothercare to have a look at baby stuff. ‘Jess, what are we doing here?’ I asked puzzled. ‘Looking at baby stuff. Looking won’t do any harm.’ Everything was so small and dainty. I couldn’t imagine our baby ever being this small, but I suppose the clothes look smaller than what they actually are. Looking at baby clothes started making me even more excited. I couldn’t wait to be actually buying clothes for the baby with Nathan instead of looking at them with his sister Jess. ‘Oh look’ Jess pointed at a toddler crawling along the floor. ‘I hope you’re ready to get down on your hands and knees to follow your child around the house’ she smiled. I could tell already that Jess was going to be the doting aunt. ‘Okay, let’s go’ she decided pulling me away.

‘I’ll order, you get a table’ I told her. ‘Oh great’ I mumbled approaching the counter, seeing Emma serving. ‘I should have guessed you would be here’ I spat. ‘Rachael, why are you being like this?’ she asked all surprised. ‘I’ve been so kind to you lately letting you be my bridesmaid when I really didn’t need to’ she smiled in a sweet innocent voice. ‘I really wish you hadn’t picked me actually’ I blurted covering my mouth after realising what I had just said. ‘I’m only doing this for Nathan. He begged me to pick you. I’m only doing it because I love him’ she retorted putting emphasis on the ‘love’ bit. ‘Love? I wouldn’t exactly call that love Emma. Are you sure you’re not with him because he’s in one of the world’s biggest boy band?’ I spat. ‘One of the world’s biggest boy band? I didn’t think so my love. None of them can actually sing. Have you heard them lately? Three words, out of tune!’ she laughed. ‘They’re nothing like One Direction’ she laughed again before walking off.

‘What can I get you my love?’ asked an older waitress. ‘Can I get a chocolate cookie crumble Frappuccino and a strawberries and cream one too please?’ I smiled. ‘Anything to eat?’ she asked. ‘2 chocolate muffins please.’ I replied. ‘I’ll bring them over.’

‘I’m excited for the baby Rach’ Jess squealed. ‘Please don’t tell Nathan but, mum is so excited to become a grandmother. She wants to move down here permanently as soon as possible so she can help you two with the baby. She wants me to transfer to a local school. She’s been pulling out all our old baby stuff. She jumped around the place when Nathan phoned to tell us. She’s going to visit when you two are in Paris and view houses. She’s really dedicated’ she explained. ‘That’s sweet. How about we finish up here, go home and you can help me get ready for tonight?’ I asked. ‘Deal’ she smiled shaking my hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIG BIG BIG DRAMA planned for the next chapter! I'm going to write it in a few minutes! I'm so excited for this next chapter! From now on there's going to be a little less baby talk!

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachael :) xx