Part 6 ∞∞∞ What do you want from me

Start from the beginning

"Then why not join the Anbu. It doesn't matter right?"

"..."

"Right?"

"Right."

"So will you join the Anbu."

"..."

I looked at the man and gave in. Assassination Squad? I thought and looked behind me at the squirming mass of people. These people must be of the Anbu then...

"You told them not to kill me." I asked curiously after a while of silence.

"Yes."

"I killed the purple mask."

"I understand that."

"I'm your enemy."

"It doesn't work like that, Yoru."

"So if I kill more... I will still be accepted."

"If you kill as you are ordered, yes."

"..."

"Will you join the Anbu?"

I nodded slowly and looked behind me once again. Some of them were standing in protest.

"Is there a problem." The head/hokage asked, his voice still stern and unwavering.

"She can't join the Anbu! She just got to Konoha! She's a complete stranger and she killed Kana!" A female voice rang out from behind one of the masks.

The hokage sighed and looked back at me. I looked straight back again.

"The council has decided. All agree in keeping her here and making her join the Anbu." The hokage said. What council... A bunch of old people discussing about assassination? Heh...

"But!" The woman tried to continue but the hokage cut her off.

"You saw her talent in battle. She is the same age as Itachi, maybe even a little younger, yet she can battle with him and not lose yet." The hokage said, giving no more space for argument.

"Kakashi." He called after the news settled in and everyone accepted their fate of getting stuck with me.

The man who had thrown the katana to me stood up and nodded at me.

"He will be leading you from now on. He will explain everything and you will get your gear." The hokage said and turned to leave.

"Are you the Third?" I asked suddenly, recalling something Orochimaru said about his sensei being the Third hokage.

"Yes." The man said without turning back and soon was out of view. The annoying butcher dude was also already gone from sight before I could ask about my sword. As soon as he left, the masked people all stood up in a swarm and circled around me and Kakashi.

"Don't think we'll EVER welcome you." One of them spat and turned to leave as well.

"I don't need your welcome." I muttered and turned away from him.

"What did you say!" He suddenly whirled back and placed his hands on my shoulders threateningly. Just as I was about to kick his butt, Kakashi smacked his hands off my shoulders.

"Return to your post." He ordered and the man retreated, humphing in defeat. The others soon followed until only six or seven remained, including Itachi.

An awkward silence prevailed before Kakashi coughed and started introducing everyone.

"I'm Hatake Kakashi, leader of Team Ro. This is Uchiha Itachi, which you know already. This is Yamato, or Tenzo. Here is Yoji Aburame. This is Ko. This is, lastly, Yugao Uzuki."