"He has a fever, you dumb bitch!" I look at the guards, who held onto me with every strength, "Let me go! I said let me go!"

Brown gives them an okay to let me go and they do so. I run toward the machine, pulling onto the plug of the heart monitor.

"His heart rate isn't even high. His heart rate is normal. He had a fever, which will die down in hours," I shake my head at her, "You're the doctor, how could you be so stupid?"

She grabs me by my shirt, "He's done for. We do not take chances." I grab her hand, pushing it off me.

"Take chances? Maybe take the chance that this ten year old boy just had a nightmare and is fine. He will be okay in a few hours. He's already getting better!" I grab Carter's hand and it calms him down.

"But Xavi--"

"Fuck what he says. He's not here!" I grab the knife from the table, "Give him a few hours."

She looks at the guards before sighing deeply, "His heart rate was at 200 and his temperature was a extreme high."

Julie walks up to Brown, folding her hands in front of her, "Please. He's okay. He just has nightmares ever since. You need to trust this. He's only a child."

"I get that it's easy for you people to kill off someone, but you just can't do that, especially if you're not a hundred percent sure. I get that you people got to protect your community, but get this, Xavier said we are one of you now. If you aren't fully sure of what's going on, you cant take someone's life. You took Claire, and I'm not letting that happen again," I plug in the heart monitor, "See, normal," I check Carter's temperature, "Already gone down to normal." I smile back at the doctor and the guards.

"You don't just kill people off every time you think it's a danger, that's how you wipe out your own. Then, there will be no one to protect. That coat your wearing Brown, take it off. You don't know what the fuck your doing."

I could tell she was furious with me saying all that, but she had to be stopped, mainly since it seemed to me that she didn't know what she was doing, "Xavier told us to terminate as soon as it seems off. That is what happened. Whether its a child or an old woman, we have to be safe."

"Well, then chain them down for all I care, but don't kill, not knowing. It seems to me that this was just a ten year old who had a nightmare and due to that these were his symptoms. I know a little bit, Brown. My mom was a doctor too. Leave. I'll stay with Carter, and as soon as he's okay, I'll take him back to his mother where no one will touch a hair on his head. Got that?" I warned everyone in the room.

Julie walks up to me, giving me a hug, "Thank you." I smile at her, "You go home and rest, as soon as he is okay and up, I'll bring him to you, okay?" She nods. She kisses Carter on the forehead, who is already fast asleep from exhaustion.

"You may leave us now," I tell Brown, the nurses and the guards. Brown gives me a frown, which quickly turns to a cruel smirk before leaving the room with the rest. Finn stays behind, walking up to me. I turn away, checking Carter's temperature again.

"He's fine," I say avoiding Finn. He grabs my wrist, but I yank my hand away from him. I put a blanket on Carter, pulling a chair close to his bed, getting in it.

"You can leave too." But Finn doesn't move. He rubs the back of his neck, not knowing what to say or do next.

"Look, Mill."

"You don't get to speak now, Finn. Leave me alone." Finn sits on the bed where Carter's legs are.

"I'm not leaving. Your just going to be on their radar now," He lowers his voice, "How are you supposed to escape now?" I glare at him.