chapter11: Another divorce?

Sorry for the late update. 🙏

✨⭐✨

"Please Alhaji am sorry wallahi she told me you will not come back until late at night, we could have gone to our usual meeting place".

The idiot man said pretending. You know that time when you are accused of something you never imagined, you will be so surprised you can't even blink an eye. That was what happened to me because I went numb for some minutes.

I stood up finding my tears at last.

"What the hell are you saying, you useless man! Wallahi mansoor I don't even know him.....".

I started, trembling as my stomach churned.

"Shhhhhh QUIET!!!...Don't say another single word. Quietly pack your clothes and leave my house. Go with your bastards children because am not sure if they are mine. I wont divorce you because you are pregnant but immediately you deliver, I will divorce you!".

I could hear hatred, scorn and disdain in Mansoor's voice. He looked hurt and there were tears in his eyes.

The man quickly dressed and tried to run away but Mansoor hold him firmly and called the security at the gate. They immediately alert soldiers to arrest him.

All these while Amina was looking at me smiling satisfactorily. I know she cooked this up and I will never forgive her for this.

I stood up and packed my clothes in my suitcase, crying so profusely that my baby was moving uncomfortably in my belly.

I went to Ayamaan and Aymana's room and also packed their clothes.
I grabbed my himaar and dragged the suitcases to my car.

I saw mansoor drove away to only God knows where. From all indications, he doesn't want to see me and the picture won't look good if he should return and meet me in his house.

Life was sure frowning down at me. My life was always turpsy turvy. My destiny was harsh on me, and its making me real weak, the pains were too much for me to bear. My frail heart could not contain all these. What did I do to deserve this?

I wiped my tear with the back of my hand and shoved the bags in the trunk, before sitting in the driver's seat.

I was turning on my car when Amina came out of the house. She clapped her hands dramatically and laughed, throwing her head backward. That cleared my doubt on what just happened. This girl, the girl I did everything for, ruined my home.

"Toh hajiya agaida gida. In the next two months I will marry mansoor and after a month, he will divorce you...you see, I win. I will have him bring back your children and torture them to death. I will crush thier little brains and...".

Before she could finish her nonsense, I slapped her filthy mouth.

"Don't you dare say a word more, you dirty rag! And let me tell you, wallahi if am still breathing, the truth will be found out. Allah is with me. He will not divorce me I promise you that. Mansoor is mine!".

I glared at her, entered my car and kicked it into life.

I picked my twins from school and went straight to my house.

"What again neh, muneerah?".

Ummah asked as I entered the living room, crying. I crashed on the floor and sobbed before narrating everything to her.

"Muneerah, don't cry. Allah will reveal the truth. He always do".

And that were the words I needed that time.