chapter8: Divorce

It was already 5 so I quickly packed and grabbed my Bentley keys.

I was stuck up with work today.
I totally forgot about Aneesa's kulikuli so I just drove straight home.

I entered the sitting room with a salamah. Momma, sameerah, Aneesa and mansoor were seated having dinner. It was Aneesa's turn to cook so I was free that day.

"Momma ina wuni".

I kneeled down in front of her and greeted. She refused to answer. I stood up and was about to go upstairs to my room when Aneesa stopped me.

" muneerah ina kulukuli da nace ki saya min(where is the kulikuli I asked you to buy for me)?"

Innalillahi I have forgotten about it.

"Ayyah Aneesa sorry wallahi I've forgotten about it. Insha Allah tomorrow I will buy it for you".

     I said, with a pleading voice.

"Eh dama ai. You are doing her bakin ciki(bad belle) because you are not pregnant and she is. Continue your bad habits useless girl!."

Momma was shouting and fuming. I bit my lips trying to control the anger that was developing in me.

I grabbed my car key and went out. I bought her a three thousand naira kulikuli...a big polythene bag filled to the brim.

They were still there chatting when I returned. I dropped the leather in front of her and said;

"if you need more tell me"

And with that, I turned away and sauntered to my room.

I fell on my bed and started crying. Life is surely giving me a hell now.

I stood up and undressed, I took a warm bath and just lay there until magrib time.

I prayed and got dressed in a simple gown and went downstairs to eat cause I was damn hungry.

They were seating down together watching TV. He was hugging her , stroking her stomach while they giggled.

I ignored them and went to the kitchen. I looked in all the dishes but I didn't find food.

"Aneesa I couldn't find food in the kitchen".

"Yeah its finished."

She said not even looking at me. I stood there for sometimes and went back to the kitchen.

I made myself a pie and some popcorn. I put everything on a tray and sat down on the dinning table.

"Darling am hungry".

I heard her telling him.

"Lets go out for dinner".

He told her.

I was hurt but I didn't show it. I finished eating and went back to my room without saying anything.

✨⭐✨