22 |✌| Hello, Earth |✌|

A/N: As you read, please leave comments and vote (★) if you can! Fleeter needs your help to be seen and read by others. Thank you ~ 

EVE

Someone was piggybacking her

Someone was piggybacking her. A man. She thought it was Gamble at first, but then he spoke and she heard the deep, bass note of his voice vibrating through her bones.

"We're almost home. Elaina, Myc, run ahead and tell Doctor Marrow."

A light and airy voice received the message with an affirmation and another voice muttered something snark in reply, before the sound of running footsteps carried the two foreign voices away.

Who were these people? Eve's memories were in a disarray. She couldn't figure out what had happened. One minute she'd been wrapped in a cocoon of air, falling towards the Earth at an unimaginable speed, and now she was being carried to an unknown location by a group of people she'd never even met.

A nerve in her head throbbed, reminding Eve that she hadn't gotten away completely unscathed. Subconsciously, she let out a groan.

"You're awake." The attractive bass was back, but this time it was addressing her.

"Try to open your eyes."

Eyes are the doors to the soul. Nana once told her this. Eve supposed her soul must be heavy of late, because the doors certainly were difficult to open.

Eve struggled with the effort until she finally cracked the seal and lifted her eyelids. She expected to be blinded by light, but instead found herself in the dark.

Directly in front of her was a head of dark, dirty blonde hair. Her savior was definitley not Gamble, then. She felt a stab of disappointment, but it soon passed as she looked around her.

Dark leafy green was everywhere. They had forests and land back in New Ramona, as well, but this was different. The jungle was more wild, more free. The air tingled with the smell of dirt mixing into clay. Eve could hear the sound of a river nearby, gurgling in delight as they crossed it. Birds of many colors and sizes chittered to one another from the treetops. She marveled at the beauty of it all.

"Enjoying the sights? Take a tourist visa next time. " Her rescuer had twisted his head around and was now observing her over the barrier of his shoulder blades. She blushed with embarrassment that he caught her gawking.

He stopped walking abruptly. "I think you can walk now."

"Yes, yes, I'll get off." Eve rushed to agree.

Her knees shook as her feet touched the dirt of the planet for the first time. She shivered as soon as she got off, missing the warmth of the man's back. He didn't seem to notice her absence as much. He just resume walking and Eve, seeing no other option, followed.