Helena Ingthorpe Meets Reyna

Hi guys my name is Helena Ingthorpe and I'm in my final year of school then I leave this hell hole. But I'm not here to talk about me, I'm here because the school newspaper wants me to cover the exchange student from California, Reyna Ramirez.

It all started a month  ago, we were all in assembly when Mrs Rodriguez announced that a new girl was joining. Apparently her school had been burnt to the ground and all the students had to relocate. She was a loner and a mystery, I get that we only have a year left but she pushed everyone away.

Reyna was in my Business Elective and today was our field trip to one of the most succesful companies in the world - according to our teachers but it was a surprise for us. I really hope its Stark Industries! I was the last to get on the bus and the only seat left was next to Reyna... Oh boy this is going to be a long trip.

After an hour of pitiful attempts at conversation with Reyna, the bus came grinding to a hault. Thank Hades we are here! Oh didn't I mention the Gods are real yeah something called the mist fell and they revealed themselves to us. I looked outside and see a service station. I think Mr Allen needs a raincheck on what successful companies are. As we got out onto the forecourt a convoy of black SUVs with blacked out windows lined up besided us. Reyna let out a soft chuckle. 

"Do you think this is funny Ramirez?" I questioned furiously. "Our Field trip to a gods damn SERVICE STATION" I admit it wasnt my proudest moment. But Reyna just straightened herself and focused her attention back on the SUV's. 

Mr Allen like the lunatic he is hurried towards the young woman who stepped out the first car, before motioning us to get in them. I unfortunately was stuck with Ramirez, Mr Allen and the dark eyes woman. The driver started the engine and we began our highly secretive trip to the unknown company. The car was deathly silent.

The silence was broken by one of Ramirez's bizzare comments.
"Was this organised by the Queen?" She inquired to the woman. Queen?? What kind of queen would associate themselves with Ramirez. The woman turned around from the passenger seat with a hint of a grin on her face.
"No Praetor, but she has dutifully been informed and an audience has been set up" the woman replied swiftly. So she knows a queen... Got to include that in the article.

The car came to an abrupt stop as we were rejoined by our fellow classmates outside of the large Amazon HQ. Wow. My awe was somewhat reduced as my head was swimming in curiosity about the previous conversation... Praetor... I'd heard that before but where???

"Welcome to Amazon HQ, you have all been given clearance and any mobile devices attempting to record will cease to work and all footage will be destroyed before you can say Hades Underpants." The woman stated leading us into the building.
"We have a busy schedule so please do not dawdle as you don't want to be lost around here. This way!"

~~~

This trip has to be a once in a lifetime opportunity, the female empowerment behind this place is amazing! We had seen all around the offices and now we were heading to the warehouses. Ramirez had been silent throughout the trip since her outburst in the car, but she seemed to give out an intimidating aura that made the staff around the office keep out of her way.

We entered the warehouse and were led to a set of doors.
"Due to you having an important person in your tour group you are lucky enough to have gained an audience with the Amazon Queen. The moment you step into the room we are no longer responsible for what happens to you. So for your sake don't fuck anything up." Our guide, Kinzie, told us.

I glanced at Reyna, who stood proud before the doors, she looked like a great leader. My train of thought was cut short as the doors flung open and my class came face to face with "The Queen" who sat regally on a throne with a spear in hand.

We were all in awe of this woman, however this quickly turned to horror as the spear was hurled towards Ramirez, who stood aloof from the group. Nice meeting you Ramirez. Yet, miraculously, she caught it and laughed!
"You're getting rusty Sister" she responded with grin.

Now I don't know about you but I would not insult someone who just tried to kill you, especially not when they are a QUEEN!! This girl has a death wish. WAIT DID SHE JUST SAY SISTER????

The queen brushed the comment aside before addressing us as a group "Welcome to Amazon Warehouse, I'm sure you have figured out that, we haven't been completely transparent as a company. We have been hiding a rather large secret, One your classmate has known all along." She paused for dramatic effect.
"We are in fact the Amazons from Mythology, I am Queen Hylla, Daughter of Bellona, your tour guide Kinzie is a nymph and the office is filled with clear sighted mortals." She paused again eyeing Reyna.

Then it clicked. PRAETOR! Roman Myths, the Praetor was the leader... Which must make Reyna a demigod.. who would have seen that coming certainly not me or Pietro.

I zoned back in to see Reyna, stand to the left of her sister and declare "I am Reyna Ramirez, Daughter of Bellona and I am Praetor of New Rome." Before her and her sister left to catch up. Whilst me and my class were left to get back to school.

Reyna Ramirez, the Roman Praetor. That's going to be my Article!

SHE IS BACK KIDDIES ONE YEAR LATER!! Also as I started this book before Trials of Apollo and am a lazy ass I am putting events post Blood of Olympus Pre Hidden Oracle :)

See you all in a year 

M