Chapter 6 (Rookies)

~~Lina P.O.V~~

I laid back in my chair and sighed. I turned around in the main pilot chair. "How many more bases do we have to check?"

"Lina, how many times are you going to ask?"

"I'll ask every time until we're at our last stop."

Karri sighed in annoyance, "Well you're in luck. The next one is our last stop."

I threw my arms in the air, "Finally! I hate these inspection missions. They're so repetitive." I groaned, feeling so weary from boredom.

Karri put her hand on my chair, "Why did you even come along?"

"You know why I came along." I said, smiling.

"Oh of course, you came because of Rex?" Karri cooed at me. I felt my face feel a little hot.

Karri and Cody found out about our relationship together. Thinking back, it was actually a funny story. It was the day of the mission when when we brought Jabba's son back to his father. When Rex and I were alone in my quarters, both Karri and Cody wandered inside - without knocking. So they caught us kissing in my quarters which was pretty awkward. This led Karri and Cody knowing about our relationship. Fortunately, Cody and Karri promise to keep our relationship a secret and won't rat us out to the Jedi Order or the Galactic Republic. I mean, Karri already know about Anakin and Padme so she already know the situation. Even though Karri does things by the books, she is considerate of others' feelings such as how Padme and Anakin feel about each other. Cody, on the other hand, Rex said he trusts Cody to not tell anyone so I did the same. I was really nervous on sharing my secret with Cody, since he's a marshal commander. I thought he would be strict and loyal to his oath. But, if it comes to his great friend, Rex, he wouldn't want him to leaving, jokingly speaking. Overall, Rex and I were just glad that we had great friends to trust and not hiding around the secret. Yet, ever since that day, our relationship has been growing bit by bit.

"Obviously, Karri." I mumbled.

Karri giggled. "You guys make quite a pair."

Cody and Rex walked into the room. Rex took a short glance at me as he sat down in the co-pilot seat next to me. We looked at each other and smiled. For a while, it was awkward between Rex and me being in a committed relationship. We barely knew each other but yet, we still had a strong connection. We got along quickly and both had mutual feelings for each other.

Cody stood by Karri. "Commander Shan, the ship is all prepped."

Karri nodded to him. "I guess we're ready to go then."

"So what's our next stop?" I asked.

"Head the hyperspace to the Rishi system." Karri ordered.

"Gotcha." I pulled our freight carrier ship from the platform of the Pastil, tracking base that we inspected. "Rex, prep the hyperdrive for Rishi system."

"I'm already on it." He said as he finish up entering the coordinates.

Once I brought the ship into space, Rex had the hyperdrive set. "All right, jumping into hyperspace." I pulled the lever and instantly, the hyperdrive pulled the ship in. The flickering light blue and white pulled us into a never-ending patterned tunnel. I relaxed my hands on the controls, having the hyperspace control the ship for me.

"So far, so good with the inspections." Cody said as he looked at his datapad. He touched the screen on the datapad. "Shall we report in to General Kenobi, Shan?"

Karri nodded to him. "Cody and I will be right back then. Don't do anything stupid when we get back." Karri said directly to me. Her green eyes looked fierce and serious. If her engaging green eyes were alive, they would cut right through me.