Chapter Two - Living Fast.

Start from the beginning

I slowly walked through the door into the living room, and was met by multiple pairs of eyes.

"And look who it is, the resident bad boy of 8S2M." Dinah said, smirking over at me.

I smirked in return, "At your service." I said, laughing as I sat down between Dinah and Dougie.

Dinah wrapped an arm around me, pulling me in for a hug. "Missed you, asshole."

"Missed you too, DJ."

I looked across the room, meeting the bright green eyes across the room. She smiled over at me and I returned the smile. I immersed myself into the conversation that was started up around me.

It was about how we had all been doing, and what was going on in our lives. It was good to catch up with everyone. But I couldn't keep my gaze from drifting back to Lauren. I just couldn't do anything to stop it from happening.

"So, Cass - You dating anyone?" Camila asked, smiling over at me.

I shook my head. "Nah, me and my girlfriend broke up about a month ago. No big deal, it just didn't work out."

"She wasn't in this lifestyle, gave him too much shit about being gone all the time in my opinion." Alby said, shaking his head.

I rolled my eyes at Alby, I didn't exactly need all of my business out there for everyone in the room to know. Although I had to guess that the majority of the people in the room knew. Actually probably everyone except for Lauren had known all about the breakup.

《●》

I had gotten into the car as soon as I was off the phone. He was out early on good behavior, something I hadn't even been told was a possibility for him to get.

I knew I wouldn't be able to visit him often, especially not if he didn't get out of his old lifestyle. It wouldn't be a good look for a band member to be associated with a gang leader, even if he was my brother. Even if I was already more than just associated with the gang.

The second I had pulled up to the house, I cut the car off and got out - jogging up to the front door and using my key to open it. I had my arms wrapped around him the second I was inside the house.

"Hey bro." He said quietly, smile on his face when I released him from the hug.

"Hey." I replied, smiling back at him. "I didn't think you could get good behavior time."

"You doubting my ability to play by the rules?"

"Yeah, I am." I said, laughing. "You'll have to come meet all the guys before we have to go back out of town."

"Yeah definitely."

It had always been this way, for as long as I could remember. My family wasn't from the best area of LA. And by the time Cade was thirteen he had found a group to hang with. Soon after that, he was a full time member of the gang.

He had always told me that he would protect me at all costs, and make sure I didn't have to be in the gang. Even if it was what my young self wanted to be doing.

When he went to Juvie at fifteen, and I was ten, I struggled. I got by in the neighborhood cause all of his friends watched out for me. Then when he got back out, they told him to bring me along a lot more - that I needed to know what to do if he went back.