Chapter 7: Nectar of the Gods

C.P.O.V

"Wren, Honey, are you about ready to go and meet mommy's friend?" "YAY, I WANNA GO!" she yelled for the millionth time.

She bounced around in the little entry way in to the apartment. Almost like a little jumping bean, 'Bean, that would be a cute nickname for her! I should call her that.' I thought to myself as I grabbed a cherry red umbrella. It had started to pour outside, and the world began to slow.

We bounded out of the apartment and opened our red umbrella, and watched as the sky fell.

J.P.O.V

I leaned against the back of my chair, resting, and yet, completely restless. I knew that even after the her leaving me in so much pain, and after being with so many girls, Clary had always come back at me, like an ache that just refused to be set aside,  to be cast off.  I loved her, and that was the simple truth.

She's in there, somewhere I just know it, she is out there, in my grasp, just beyond my finger tips. Just beyond me being able to kiss and hold her throughout her day, making her smile and laugh. Just beyond my love.

I thought about my favorite memory of Clary, it was our first kiss up at the greenhouse. She had been in my arms, and I finally got to look at her, fully, without any of the restraints of Simon or some else watching. It was just me and her. Her hair glowed a fiery red, neon and as full of life as the flowers surrounding us. Her eyes began to start grow wild and desperate in the heat of the greenhouse, that I thought she was about to break away, and run away. She was the most beautiful being at that very moment, with hair blazing and and eyes seemingly depthless. I couldn't breathe she was so beautiful.

Wild and free and in love, at least we were, until Valentine had shown up and ruined everything. I could kill him, if he wasn't already dead.

I wish Clary was here with me, I love her.

I miss her.

I want her.

I need her.

I.P.O.V

"It had to rain the day I meet my best friend that had just came back to town! Unbelievable! I even had an OUTFIT planned specifically for today! Of course, mother nature just feels like being on her period!  Especially today, of all days! Typical."

I grumble and mutter to myself as I walk into Java Jones. I spot a table near the back corner and grab it, I must have gotten here first. I sit and wait, pondering exsistance, and the universe, while I wait for Clary to show up.

Ding Ding Dong

The doors to the shop open, out steps Clary, leading a little girl, the mystery girl that Jace had been talking about. Practically skipping in she was wearing a plum pea coat, stretchy blue jeggings, and bright red galoshes. Her bright golden-brown eyes watching the life of the coffee shop, instantly drawing towards and looking for mischief to be made.

She pauses, and waits as Clary scans the room finally spotting me. Her pea coat is like the one she had in Idris, but she is wearing jeans and brown, knee-high boots. she took off her coat and took the girls and walked over to the table, coats and their umbrella in hand.

"Izzy, I haven't seen you in forever! I missed you so much!" Clary said delighted to finally see me. "Clary in missed you so much! I have so many-" "I know you do," she said as she cut me off "but there is someone you need to meet first."

She ran over and grabbed the little girls hand, dragging her over to me, and drawing her eyes to stare intensely at me. I found myself looking into eyes that I had seen before.

"Isabelle, I would like you to meet Wren Helena Fray. My daughter. "