Chapter 29: Coming Home

Boys, when my baby found me

I was three days on I woke with her walls around me

Nothin' in her room but an empty crib

And I was burnin' up a fever

I didn't care much how long I lived

But I swear I thought I dreamed her

She never asked me once about the wrong I did

"Okay, mom I think we need to get up off of the floor now." She smiled a little, and stood up, with all of my newly found strength suddenly gone, I struggled to get up from my sitting position. I could feel arms circle around me and pull me up.

"Thanks" I smile at Jace, and a small smile lights up his entire face. "So are you planning on staying in New York, because right now I kinda am interested in getting to know you better." I could feel a huge smile come over my face and I feel his arms letting go, and I could hear him taking steps away. My shaky legs shook for a second and then they held steady. I could feel my body mending itself, it makes me wonder what other abilities I might have. But right now, I can't think about this. I feel someone's hand grab my shoulder.

I spun around and everyone gasped. Jace's face was full of childlike surprise and joy. His smile was the same one that I saw when we were training for one of the very first times. We were practicing punching and he kept telling me to hit him. I tried to refuse, there were plenty of dummies I could practice on. Dummies that couldn't fall, so they couldn't get hurt. I didn't want to hurt him, but of course, he insists that my punch won't hurt him at all. Slightly offended I tried and hit him in the chest as hard as I could. My knuckles all cracked at once and my hand immediately started to throb, but he barely seemed phased. All he did was smile, that same wide smile.

'See Clary, you can't hurt me! Besides if you did, well, let's just say that I would have one more thing that makes you so extraordinary.'

I watched his expression turn from excitement to a much quieter kind of happiness. He just looked sad and content and just a million emotions at the same time. He must be thinking of something, some kind of memory, but I wonder which one.

I take a step toward him, slowly, unsteadily, and hold my arms out at my sides. I take one shakier step, and then one easier one. I was almost there. Everyone was just watching me. All with expressions of concern and awe written all over their faces. My mother had picked herself off of the floor and was watching me. I could see her waiting to catch me if I fell, out of the corner of my eye. The final step was the easiest, it was almost like walking like normal.

I was almost chest to chest with Jace, and his face had gone from smiling to an expression of seriousness. I lifted my head and eyes up to him, and I could still see his fierce passion still there, like I had never left, like none of this had ever happened. I tilted my head up slightly and felt his lips touch mine. All I could feel after that, was explosions.

I.P.O.V

When they start to kiss, is the moment that I start to tune them out, everyone looks so happy, but nobody seems to realize that we are currently still in the hospital. I start to try and get Alec or Simon's attention but both of them are openly staring at Jace and Clary kissing in the middle of the hospital hallway. Meanwhile, Clary's mom just looks really uncomfortable off to the side. I meet her eyes and she nods, she knows that we need to get out of here.

"Umm, I get that this is a really touching moment, and I will remember this for the rest of my life," Clary and Jace break apart, they are both literally panting from their little makeout session. "but can we please get going, because we are kind of in the middle of a mundie hospital right now!" 

"Yes, right, Clary darling, I am going to head back to the apartment. If you need me, just call." She smiled sadly at Clary, and I could see small seeds of guilt being planted in Clary. No matter what Jocelyn did, she will always be her mother. She started to walk down the hallway, and I started herding everyone into getting ready to leave, but Clary ran after her mom and gave her a long hug. From the distance I see her lips moving, but I only caught the end, the words 'I love you'.

She broke away, and gave her mom a huge smile. She dashed back to the group and threw a blanket we had brought over her shoulders. The night air must have been freezing in her thin hospital gown. We walked over to the cars that everyone had brought, and Jace got in the car with Clary and I. Simon and Alec got in Simon's car. Everyone looked unsure of what to now.

But Clary just looked on straight ahead. She looks so sure, so ready, and I already can tell where she wants to go.

"Take me to the Institute."

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has voted or even read this. I never expected to have it get this many reads, and I can't even handle how awesome all of you are. So whoever you are, you rock.