Going to Italy

Jade's POV

We sit in the dark house as the sunsets, me drinking some tea. Bella arrives home and hugs Alice when she sees her. "Mind telling me how you're alive?" Alice asks.

"What?" Bella says confused.

"I saw a vision of you, you jumped off a cliff. I knew I'd be too late but..." Alice says trailing off becoming angry. "Why the hell would you try to kill yourself?!" she demands.

"Ow, ears Alice" I remind her rubbing my sensitive ears.

"I didn't, I was cliff diving" Bella tells her.

"Uh, why?" Alice asks.

"It's fun" she says.

"It was fun for you?" Alice asks as she sits down beside me.

"It is for me" I state and give Bella some tea as she sits down.

"I have never met anyone more prone to life-threatening idiocy" Alice states. "No offense Jade" she adds and I wave it off. "What is that god awful wet dog smell?" she asks.

"Probably Jacob. He's kind of a werewolf" Bella tells her.

"Wolf shifter" I correct her.

"Werewolves aren't aggressive" Bella assures Alice.

"Until they lose their temper like Paul" I remind her.

"They saved me from Laurent, they're protecting me from Victoria..." Bella starts to explain.

"Victoria? I didn't see her. I didn't see you get pulled from the water either" Alice states.

"It was Jacob who saved me. More than once. I couldn't have made it without him. You have no idea what it was like" Bella tells her.

"Yes, I do. I knew leaving wouldn't be good for you. I tried to tell Edward, but he wouldn't listen" Alice explains.

"Does he know you're here?" Bella asks hesitantly.

"No. He's been... away" Alice tells her.

"That's putting it lightly, from what Emmet tells me" I mumble. Just then Jacob enters the room.

"I had to make sure you were safe, it'd of been easier if someone wasn't blocking me out" he states.

"I thought you couldn't protect me here" Bella says confused.

"I guess I don't care" he states.

"I will give you minute, come on Jade" Alice says and I follow her outside. "So how long have you been here?" she asks.

"Not long, I was planing on coming to live with you guys. Then I heard about Victoria and thought the pack needed me more then you guys did. As did Bella" I tell her. I hear the phone ring inside the house. Just then Alice freezes as she has a vision.

She suddenly rushes inside and I follow her. "Bella, it's Edward" she states. "He thinks you're dead, Rosalie told him why I came here" she explains.

"Why would you? Why didn't you let me speak to him?" she demands of Jacob.

"He didn't ask for you" he states.

"I don't care!" Bella shouts and I place a calming hand on her shoulder.

"Bella, he's going to the Volturi" Alice states. "He wants to die to" she adds.

"We have no time to waste" I state. "Bella get your passport, we're leaving for Volterra" I tell her. Before Alice and I leave to start Carlisle's car.

"Are you sure about this Jade?" Alice asks.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine in public during the day. You just focus on keeping Edward and Bella alive" I tell her. Bella appeared with Jacob trying to convince to stay. But she doesn't listen. 'Tell the pack, they need no longer look after Bella' I tell him. As Alice drives off to the airport.

I book us the next flight to Italy. "All booked, the flight leaves in thirty minutes. Think we can make it?" I ask Alice.

"Of course we can" she states as she speeds down the highway. We broke a few road rules, but got to the airport safely. Got through customs and security before boarding our flight. "Remember, you stay outside. Bella and I will handle it" she reminds me.

"I know, relax Alice everything will be fine. We'll save Edward, protect Bella and go home. Everything will be back to normal" I assure her.

"I hope you're right" she states. Then tells Bella to get some sleep. While I think 'I hope so too, Italy here we come'.