quince

I climbed from the roof and onto the tree that hangs outside my bedroom window. I sit on the spot I usually do, and stare at Joey to come join me.

"This is crazy," he says, and I laugh. He carefully follows every step I took, and soon ends up next to me on the tree.

I look down and onto the street as I watch from the corner of my eye that he's staring at me.

I feel my face go hot. "What?"

"Nothing," he blushes, then looks away.

I lean my head on his shoulder, and he leans his head on mine. His hand traces the skin on my thigh, as he stares into the distance of the streets we can see from this view.

My hand catches his, and we sit there in silence, holding hands as the world quietly goes by.

'Perfect,' the voice in my head told me, 'this moment is perfect.'

It was.

"Are you sure you want to come to my game tomorrow? It lasts longer than my training," he says.

"Joey, I want to. I love watching you play, train, everything... I'll admit something to you," I say, and he looks at me, as we face each other. "Watching you play is my favourite thing to do."

He looks surprised. "But isn't it boring?"

"Not at all," I answer, "you're quite entertaining."

"Why, do I run weirdly or something?" He asks.

"No, of course not. It's hard to explain. I just really love watching you play, nothing more, nothing less," I shrug, and he nods.

"This is why I-" he stops himself, and hesitates, "I mean, this is why I really like you."

My heart drops when I realise what he was going to say before he stopped himself. He didn't want to say it.

"I like you too," I reply, pushing away my sad feelings.

----

I woke to the sound of birds tweeting and trees rustling. I smiled.

I know it's kind of corny to smile when you wake up, because sleep is literally all I think about all the time... Other than Joey.

But I felt glad. Because when I checked the time, 11:00am, I realised Joey's game was at 6. A few hours of lounging around and watching Netflix and I'm prepared to watch my... Crush.

I shower then dress in some simple clothing; a black halter top, and some ripped jeans. This is the first time in years I've worn a top where a tiny bit of my stomach showed.

I felt a little insecure, but overall... Confident.

Interesting.

I did my makeup and straightened my hair.

'I'm not going to the game like this,' my brain says, and I agree with it.

I decide to pick out an outfit for the game; a plain red sweater, with some black jeggings and some white and black converse.

I checked my phone.

Can't wait for tonight, love. Wear something hot❤️

I roll my eyes, laughing, as I respond.

Red sweater do? -K

Ofc😍 -J

I blush and decide not to apply makeup until I'm getting ready for the game.

By the time it's 5, I decide to get ready. I put on my outfit and brush my already straight hair. I then put some jewellery on and apply some mascara.

Once that's all done, it's about 5:30 and I decide to get going. My mom drops me off and I walk inside the lit-up stadium.

It wasn't dark yet, and Joey and I found each other easily. As soon as I walked in, I saw him, already on the field. There's more people here than I expected; cheerleaders, both full football teams, families, friends, and a lot of girls.

Let me tell you; Joey looked so much more attractive with his football gear on. He looked manly, and really gorgeous. The red outfit matched his features.

Thankfully I invited my friends with me. They arrived soon after, and the game began.

I watched Joey the entire time; my eyes weren't taken off him.

The game ended at ten minutes until 8 o'clock. The sun was almost finished setting.

Joey's team won. I was so proud.

The last kick of the game was from Joey, who had scored the winning goal. As soon as he did, he found me in the crowd and blew me a kiss.

I blush and wave. My friends go crazy, screaming and shipping us.

Once the game was over, I walked down the steps with my friends and Joey came over, giving me a solid, warm hug.

Charles, Aaron and Hunter Rowland came running over as well.

"Boys!" Aaron yells, motioning for all the boys to come over.

All the footballers, including some from the opposition came running over.

"Get some Joey!" Blake yelled, and we all laughed.

"Kate, I've been meaning to talk to you," Joey says in front of all of the people watching.

My heart beats faster. He isn't doing what I think he is.... Is he?

"And I was wondering if maybe you would be... Be my girlfriend?"

My face goes beet red, and I look down at my shoes.

I look back up at him, into his eyes, and suddenly everyone's disappeared. In that moment, it was just Joey and I.

"Yes," I answer.

Everyone cheers and goes crazy.

And as Joey kisses my forehead and hugs me, I note that everyone is staring and cheering.

Except for one, who is just glaring with pure hatred, almost evil.

Mark Thomas.

----

Y'all I'm doing a Q&A bc why not

(Actually I got the idea from birlemgal  everyone go follow her, her imagines are AMAZING❤️)

So anyways leave as many questions as you want down in the comments and I'll be responding to them on my book, "Real Queens Fix Each Other's Crowns" which is mostly about me and my bestfriend and myself soooooo yeah go comment a q right now!!!!!!!! 💞love y'all

If u made it this far u have a special place in my heart & ily