siete

I walked down the hall and to my locker. I was still hesitant by the fact that Joey wasn't there with me. Yes, today was his day back from being suspended, and yes, I was able to dodge Ashley, Mike and everyone else during those boring four days but it didn't feel the same without him.

But right now, in this moment, I felt as though something was going to happen. I opened my locker door, and realised I needed to send my daily snap streaks.

I brought out my phone and opened up Snapchat, turning the phone screen around and putting a filter on my face. I admired my new black and red sweater and matching leggings, as I snapped a dog filter photo and put the 's' for streaks in red. I looked at the photo, and took in my features; my black glasses, my brown, straight hair flowing down my back and the sides of my arms, and even the colour of my soft, pink lips.

I looked down at my black and white converse, and then sent the streak to all my friends.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I turned my head quickly to see Ashley approaching me, and for once she was by herself. No friends to back her up, although I'm sure anyone in this hallway would back her up if she asked for it.

"Hey, stranger," she says sweetly, "we haven't spoken in a while."

"I'd like to keep it like that," I answer.

"Oh, but would you? Because I wouldn't. You wanna know why?" she asks, her voice tempering and her anger increasing, "because your ugly little boyfriend beat mine up. Too bad you weren't good enough for Mike."

She picked at her nails and I continued to stare at her, waiting for more slamming insults.

"You clearly didn't mean anything to Mike. I was clearly and still am, better than you. Mike only wanted you for sex, which, knowing the slut you are, probably gave it to him," she says.

'Like you can talk,' I felt like saying.

"Newsflash honey, I'm better at it then you will ever be," she scowls at me.

"I never had sex with Mike," I reply furiously.

"Hey!" I hear someone's voice say behind me, and I look beyond my locker door to see Joey, jogging up to Ashley and I.

Thank God.

"Leave her alone," he says, his hair windblown from running, I'm guessing.

"What are you going to do, Birlem? Hit me?" she growls.

"I said leave her alone," he repeats, rougher this time.

She scowls at both of us one more time before rolling her eyes. "Whatever. Bye losers."

She stalks away, and I look to Joey.

"Sorry I wasn't here before, I got caught up, I really hope you didn't listen to her little-"

"It's fine Joey," I cut him off, "I can take care of myself."

He grabs my shoulders. "You didn't listen to her, did you?"

I shake my head. "No."

"Promise me you never will," he says, "never again."

"Never again. I promise," I reply, nodding.

"Okay good," he says, then gives me a quick, reassuring hug. "Hey, want to watch me train this afternoon? I know that stuff bores you, but I want to hang out with you afterwards."

"Sure," I shrug.

"Great," he smiles, and I can't help but smile back.

----

I had math last, which was perfect since Joey and I were in the same math class. We walked to the field together, and he smiled at me when we got to the bleachers.

"Sorry if this bores you," he says.

"It's fine. I'm actually looking forward to it," I shrug.

He smiles. "Really?"

"Yeah. I've never seen you play before, so I guess so," I smile.

"Cool," he grins, and his friend footballer calls him over. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

I nod, and to my surprise, he gives me a quick hug before taking to the field.

Damn, this Joey kid has been really affectionate lately.

Not that I care or anything I mean yeah sure that's cool.

To my surprise, I watched him play the entire practise. By the time he came off the field he was so sweaty and he poured the entire water dispenser on top of himself.

He then chased me around the bleachers trying to hug me because he was so wet.

(a/n not like that ya nasties)

All his football friends were laughing so much, and they all ended up wetting themselves with their own water bottles and tackling me.

I guess that's what you get when you're close friends with a footballer.

Yet even though I think about it, the word 'friends' isn't the right word for Joey and I. Because surely we're more than friends, right?

I don't even know.

I guess this little hanging out session Joey promised for after training will tell.

----

a/n ooooooooooooo what they gonna do???

seriously if y'all are thinking wrong rn y'all need to stahp

jk ily x

-Chloe xxx