"I'm done pretending like everything is okay when it's not!" Ashton takes a step away from me and towards his father.

He continues, "I'm done trying to be the perfect son," he takes a step closer to his dad.

"I'm done trying to have hope that you could be part of my life," he takes another step closer.

"And I'm done being your son." He takes one last step until he is face to face with his father.

Ashton's dad stumbles back a little as he looks at Ashton with a new facial expression I couldn't register.

I didn't know if he was sad, or if he was angry, he was unreadable.

Ashton stood there, strong, independent, in front of his father.

I stare at him with a new admiration.

It's funny to think how long we have come.

Since the first, well greet, when his father and him walked through his front door.

To me completely embarrassing myself infront of him.

From his cocky attitude.

To his charming smile.

His bad boy look.

His secretly smart side.

And most importantly to someone you can really count on.

And, I fell in love with all of that.

Yes, even his cocky side.

And, I know, love is such a strong word.

But, it just feels right.

It feels right to say, I love Ashton Rider.

Ashton looks back at me as I stare at him.

I hear a loud snap and I look up to see Alissa standing there.

And right there and then, I knew she heard everything.

To what her husband said, to the words that just came out of Ashton's mouth.

Both guys look at her, clearly shocked that they didn't hear her walk in.

She slowly walks down the stairs with a heartbroken look.

Ashton walks backwards until he reaches me, the same time Alissa makes it to the bottom of the stairs.

Ashton's dad walks up to her, "Honey I-..."

WHACK

I watch in horror as Alissa slaps Ashton's dad straight across the face.

I gasp at the same time as Ashton does.

Ashton's dad holds his hand up to his cheek which instantly was beat red from the impact of the slap.

I look at Alissa to see her look at her husband wide eyed. "I can't believe you said those things to our... MY son!!" She says walking towards him.