Not So Heartless After All

Fan Cover by @Aaishah1661

Julie's pov:

After that, well awkward, conversation I had with Ashton, we follow Zander into a larger room than the one before.

But this one was a lot different.

This room was a gigantic stadium.

"Woah" I mumble under my breath.

The first thing I noticed was the number of seats. This took up most of the room, and it looks like it could hold hundreds of people.

When you looked up, there was different color lighting that kept flashing colors. It gave the room like an exciting feeling.

And in the direct center there was a boxing match... cage thing. It looks so professional though, like the kind you would see on tv.

There were many people who were surrounding it talking to one another.

Looking around, there was also other boxers here, some I remember seeing in the hallways at school.

They must be on the school boxing team too.

There were mats set out in one corner of the room where some were practicing. Most of the people here were watching and yelling out random things.

Like my dad when he watches football.

Except my dad... is screaming at a tv that has no feelings.

And is not living...

...

Anyways.

Once I look around for a little bit more, I realize I am the only girl here.

Some looked over and gave me a questionable look, while others just ignored me.

If I could ignore me I really would.

Jake, Luke, and Damien soon spotted us and walked over.

"What took you guys so long?!" Luke asks smirking at Ashton.

Ashton just ignores him and keeps walking forward. We all just follow behind him as he heads to the middle of the room.

"This is so cool" I whisper to Damien as he ends up walking right next to me.

"I know right, I was like that when Ashton first brought me here." He says and nods his head at Ashton.

I follow my eyes to the back of Ashton's head. Damien seems like such a sweet kid, and the fact that Ashton pretty much took him under his wing is actually really nice.

Again, I don't know why people think Ashton is cold-hearted.

Sure, he has a 'reputation' of doing... not the nicest things from being his trouble maker self.

But it doesn't mean he's heartless.

People need to stop basing their lives off Netflix...

Unless it's F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

I have high expectations.

"Damien how long have you been fighting?" I ask. I mean, he is only a sophomore, so I can guess that he hasn't done boxing as long as some of the other boys.

"Only a year." He says and shrugs.

Jake, who is walking in front of us, turns around. "Yeah, only a year and he still is able to kick some serious ass."

At this, Damien looks up and smiles. I end up smiling too.

We walk up to an older looking guy who is talking to one of the boys boxing.