Not So Nice Day Out

Fan Cover by @bobsayshello20089

Julie's pov:

Friendly reminder,
If you decide to walk to the movie theater, make sure to bring a Jacket.

That pretty much summarizes my mood. Right now, I'm walking to the theatre to meet up with Gianna. I'm surprised my parents even let me go, it's 8:00 at night and it won't end until 10:00. Plus it's a school night.

They were probably just surprised that I actually made a friend and wanted me to hang out with them.

Thanks parents.

I see the lights coming from the building and just decide to sprint it.

What? It's cold...

I enter through the main doors to see Gianna standing off to the side on her phone.

I quickly take a chance to sneak up behind her.

"Hey stranger!!" I shout into her ear. She jumps up and drops her phone on the ground.

Good thing the floor is carpeted or it probably would have cracked.

"Julie!!!" She yells at me while holding her chest.

"Yes?" I say as innocently as I can, but I end up laughing because of the state she was in.

"You scared the crap out of me." She says but ends up laughing too.

We head to the booth and decide to watch a newer movie that came out.

"Wait so what are we watching?" I ask Gianna as she hands me my ticket.

"I honestly have no idea, I just picked out a random movie."

I laugh at her as we walk to the food station.

Because the most important thing to do at a movie theatre is get food.

...

What? Did you think that the movie was the reason why you were there?

"What do you want?" She asks pulling out her purse.

"I could honestly eat anything, but I'm kinda full so nothing too big."

Yeah, my parents kinda force fed me because they said that movie snacks were way more than they should be, and that it's more reasonable just to eat at home.

They weren't wrong though, ten dollars for a small popcorn? Who came up with this!

After we decide just to share one popcorn, we find our seats and pick the middle row of the theatre.

"I really hope this isn't a horror movie." Gianna says from beside me.

"Wait... you didn't check if this was a horror movie or not?!"

If it is, I am straight up RUNNING out of the theatre.

"I kinda... forgot?"

I shake my head at Gianna as we focus our attention to all of the ads playing on the movie screen.

It starts to get crowded as more people pile in.

"There are sure a lot of people." I whisper to Gianna.

She nods her head as we watch more people walk in.

I turn my head back to the screen, but suddenly hear Gianna gasp from beside me.

She starts shaking my arm and points to the people who just walked in.

When my eyes adjust, I suddenly start to feel the color in my face completely drain.