Just Keep Running

Fan Cover by @Senorita_2006

Julie's pov:

And it is that time of day....

Where every reasonable high school student dreads....

Gym Class.

"Good Luck" Gianna says patting my back as we stand in front of the Gymnasium.

"Do I have to??" I whine to her.

"Don't worry... it's not that.....I'll pray for you." She says, most likely remembering her gym experience. I can see her shiver as she shakes her head and smiles at me.

Well.. that makes me feel better.

Cue the sarcasm.

But I try not to laugh as other people pass us giving us weird looks.

Aka, Gianna patting my back like a mom trying to help her toddler out, meanwhile I am the toddler who was told they couldn't wear diapers anymore and had to put on actual underwear.

...

Too specific?

I walk in the girls locker room while Gianna heads to her art class.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I am ashamed of my body, because my parents taught me to be thankful for what I have... but I never felt comfortable STRIPPING in front of other people in a locker room.

Seriously, the "oh we are all girls here," does not help.

I don't care if we all have the same 'stuff' I would like to keep my private parts to myself, thank you very much.

So with that, I head to one of the stalls and change there. I mean, it wasn't weird, there were another four to five girls changing in stalls also.

So at least I wasn't the only one who didn't feel comfortable with it.

But if I were to be completely honest...

The locker room was always boring.

It's usually the 'let's talk about cute boys' time or 'I wish my body was like the Kardashian's.'

I always try to be the first one in and out just so my ears won't explode before I even graduate from high school...

Well, if I ever make it through my junior year.

But the weird part about gym class is they don't separate it by grade.

We have our freshman girls to the senior boys all in one class.

I mean, normally I'm okay with this, but when it comes to dodgeball, I like to use the term.... RUN AWAY.

I make my way in the gym with all the the kids who usually get dressed fast.

At a time like this, I should probably make a new friend or two or else I'd be alone for gym class the whole year.

I look around to see the kids here either already in their group of friends or they snuck their phone in and are on it.