Chapter 19 - Is This Real? (Edited)

Start from the beginning

Marcus stood to his full hight all dressed up. He has dirt on his suit and his hair was all over the place. He lefted his head up and stared directly at me. He still had the sad eyes.

"Look Rose–"He said while taking a step forward.

"Don't! Stay away from me."I said holding my hands up for protection. Not that I could protect myself from him but it was better than nothing.

He listened to me and stayed in his place. He looked sad and defeated. I felt scared and lied to.

"What are you? "I asked after the long awkward silence. He looked at me once again before he retuned his gaze to the ground. He mumbled something under his breath and I couldn't hear it.

"What? "I asked with a questioning look. Even though I asked a small voice in the back of my head was telling that I didn't want to know. I wanted answers, so that voice could shut the hell up. I didn't want to be left in the dark anymore.

"Werewolf." he whispered.

I heard it this time. That word... This word was enough to make me freeze in my spot. I didn't dare to move not because I was just stunned... I was paralyzed. Was he for real? He must be jocking, but again it seemed to be the only explanation.

He noticed my mini heart attack so he kept going. "We are werewolves Rose... We weren't allowed to say anything. "

We? So everyone I knew lied to me. Who was the one who didn't allow them? I wanted answers I was tired of unanswered questioned.

"Do they really exist? "I mumbled to myself. I was surprised he heard me. But again he wasn't human.

"Well yes. I mean you just saw us transform. "he said it like he failed to do the one thing he was supposed to do.

"Who are they? "I asked while tears were now falling down on my cheeks.

"Who? "He finally looked at me.

"The wolv–people–... Uhh... The ones who were attacking." Was it an insult if I called them wolves? Or people?

"Ohh... They are rogues. "

"What? Rogues?...  What does it even mean? "I aaked confused. What more secrets were out there? Unicorns...  Elves... And I don't know what.

"They are werewolves who don't belong to a pack and are a threat to other packs when they enter their territory. "he said as if it was very obvious. Well it was not. Packs? Territory? What was this Narnia?

"You look like you have alot of questions. How about we sit and you can ask whatever you like?"he sat on the floor few feets away. I hesitantly done the same. I looked at him eyeing him if he was going to do something foolish.

"Well go on."he seemed excited.

"Umm... Tell me more about werewolves. How they're like? Are they bad or good? "

"Well... Werewolves have a wolf inside of them who only the owner can hear. We can shift whenever we like but it is difficult to control your wolf when they're angry... If they're good or bad it depends on the person really... We live in packs where there is an Alpha then a Beta and a Delta... Each werewolf has a mate that are destined by the Moon Goddess. "

I tried to digest every information he said. It seemd simple, but it was too much to take in all at once. Everything I ever believed in or thought was true was a lie.

"So I assume a werewolf without a pack is a rogue? "I aaked trying to understand everything.

"Yep. "he said shortly.

"What is... Uhh... A mate exactly? "

"Umm well... "He scratched the back of his neck trying to figure out the right words.

"A mate is a werewolf's other half.. Soulmates if it makes it easier... Uh.. There is a bond between the two werewolves which will be stronger after he marks her... "

I frowned. Marks her? What does that mean?

"It's like a bite on the neck. "

Oh. Ouch!

"Anyways, a werewolf simply can't live without his or her mate. If one of them gets hurt the other can feel the pain and if one dies the other will shortly too due to weakness and unbearable pain of losing your other half."

That was very touching. I couldn't believe you could actually feel your love and get weakened if they got hurt. Also die if they do. Something a human could never master.

"How do they find each other? "

"Their inner wolf tell them if it is the one. Their scent and appearance will bring joy to them. "he said with a smile. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. He blushed a little and stared at the ground. I think I knew what was wrong with him.

"You have found her haven't you? "I said with a smile. Even though he was what I believeed was a monster, there was a soft side in them I could tell by the way he described what a mate was. It was all because of the mate thing that made me look past the sharp teeth.

"Yeah... Diana. "he said still staring at the ground. I gasped out loud. I forgot they were a thing, but I didn't know it was serious and they were destined. Aww!

"So Diana is a werewolf... Who else? "I felt a bit betrayed that Diana hid this secret from me. I guessed she had a good reason.

"Jason, Brad, Ed, Zack and Luke... Well they are the ones who come to our school but there is a whole pack in the town."

A whole pack? We were living between a pack. Great!  Another reason to love this town.

"Do all werewolves have a werewolf for a mate? "I didn't know why I asked that, but it was the first thing that came to my mind. I mostly didn't know why he widened his eyes after I asked.

"Uhh... Yes...  I mean...  No... Uh I don't know anymore. "He sighed and turned his gaze to the wall.

I didn't have time to ask him again when I heard running coming from the outside. I stood in surprise and felt like screaming. Marcus stood too but he looked at me asking me to calm down. I nodded.

Then four wolves appeared. They were standing infront of me few feets ahead. My eyes were on a one in particular. He was standing in the front middle. He shared with me the same expression.

The three wolves transformed back into human form. Diana, Brad and Ed looked at me with sad eyes. I looked back at the black wolf. I couldn't believe it. If everyone was standing infront of me then the one who is left is Jason.

No way. He was the black wolf? The one who saved me? The one who I saw next to my house?

I widened my eyes as I looked back at the wolf. "Jason... "I breathed out. He also looked at me with sad eyes. He closed them and shifted back to human. He stood in his full hight then opened his eyes looking directly at me. His blue eyes keep making me speechless.

I looked at them all. All were satring at me. I backed away. My heart was trying to escape my chest. I started crying. The truth hit me hard. I was standing alone surrounded by liars and monsters.

"Rose.... "