XV

I woke up dazedly the next morning and found myself sprawled sideways on my bed. Alone. Blearily I tried to remember what happened last night. Wes was here wasn't he? I didn't recall him leaving which must mean I fell asleep before he left. Then the events of last night surfaced to my memory. Me kissing Wes and then Wes grabbing me and kissing me back. I felt myself turn scarlet as I remembered his hot lips on mine. I don't remember anything past that, but I could understand if it was because my mind turned off when Wes kissed me. I don't even know how long we kissed or when I fell asleep. I gingerly touched my lips wondering for a split second if it was all just a dream. But my lips were swollen and felt like a bundle of hyperactive nerves and I knew what happened was real. Flushed, I stumbled out of bed in attempt to cool off.

I washed my face in the bathroom and tried to see if anything looked different about me. I felt like if I walked out it would be plain on my face that I had a make out session with a guy who illegally came here every night. I kept repeating to myself that it wasn't that big of a deal, then to my horror I wondered if Wes was even concerned. He did have three girlfriends before, maybe this meant nothing to him. I mean it was late, all sense could have been out the door. Maybe he just kissed me to kiss me.

I hated that I was overthinking and overreacting again. But this was a big deal to me. Wes was my first real kiss. I had little innocent pecks on the mouth before when I was younger, but Wes was the first guy I kissed that meant something. And it did mean something. I couldn't deny it anymore, I liked Wes. A lot. I like the way I feel when I'm with him. I like how his looks don't make my heart flutter but his smirk does. I like how he brings out a different side of me. I'd be screwed if he doesn't feel the same way.

My head was pulsing thinking about everything. It was a good thing I didn’t have work today, I don’t think I could’ve handled it. I gathered the leftover meatballs from last night and plopped onto my couch. I also downed an aspirin with some apple juice.

 I went to turn on the tv when I noticed a note on the table. It looked hastily scrawled and I realized it was from Wes.

You made a big mistake last night Cecil. Because now I don't think I'll ever stop thinking about you. You're stuck with me.

P.S When I come back tonight expect things to be different, not awkward
P.P.S You should be Courageous more often ;)

My hand was slapped over my mouth. I didn't know whether to laugh or sigh in relief or what. I was completely baffled. I was so grateful no one was here to witness this.

 I didn’t know what else to do so I called Corinth. My left foot was shaking as I waited for her to pick up. Soon her mini holograph appeared.

 “Where’s the fire?” She asked. She was sitting cross legged. “You look like a mess.”

 My hands flew up to my hair self consciously. “I-I just wanted to chat.” I stammered. Corinth laughed. Her music note tattoo almost disappeared when she smiled.

 “Ok. What’s up?”

 “How are you and Donny?” I blurted. Corinth raised an eyebrow.

 “Good…” She replied warily. Corinth was use to my awkwardness by now but even I realized how weird this call was.

 “Um…when did you…you know, become an official couple?”

 “I have the oddest sense that you really want to talk about your love life instead of mine Cecil.”

 I gaped at her and started stuttering. Was I really that transparent? Corinth laughed again and I wanted to hang up, not because I was angry but because I was embarrassed and had no idea how to make the conversation work.

 “Relax Cecil, deep breaths. So I’m guessing that’s why you look so disheveled today?” I blushed again.

 “I don’t know what to do now. Are we a couple? Was it a one time thing? Should I make some distance…”

 Corinth gave me a sympathetic smile. “That’s between you and your guy really. Me and Donny aren’t calling ourselves an officially thing yet but that’s us. Just talk to him, act like you normally do. It’s alright.”

 I took a deep breath. Corinth kept me grounded, I really loved her as a friend. “Thank you.”

 She grinned. “Okay, so tell me all about your mystery guy.”

 Mystery was an understatement. I told Corinth as much as I could without giving things away. I realized I didn’t even know that much about Wes. We talked for the longest time, and she helped a lot. When we finally hung up it was only a few hours until night fell. And I was still in my clothes from last night. Before I knew it Wes was going to be coming by again, and I did anything to make the time pass faster.