X

I went home feeling considerably less stressed thanks to Corinth. Just being around her made your problems feel like they weren't problems at all and I had a feeling I was going to use that strength a lot.

I was just about to change into house clothes when I got another call. I answered it thinking it was Corinth again when it turned out to be my boss Gregory.

"Cecil how are you?" He asked politely. My eyes went wide in embarrassment. I looked so disheveled and unprofessional right now. I silently cursed Creative's high-tech holograph image calls.

"I'm-I'm good sir. What can I do for you?" That was the proper thing to say right?

"Just wanted to tell you don't bother coming to the office tomorrow. I have another assignment I want you to do at the city library. Joleen will be there to give you further instructions." Gregory relays me directions to the library then hangs up. I blow some hair out of my face. Hopefully this assignment was a good thing instead of a subtle way to get me to stop the job I was assigned to. Gregory seemed to like me enough so I don't think it was anything to worry about.

I spent the rest of the night doing chores around the house. There wasn't much to do here by myself besides cook, eat, sleep and clean. I secretly wanted to keep myself awake and preoccupied in case Wes showed up again tonight. Maybe I should see if the city has a pet store and buy myself a cat tomorrow. Anything that could make me have something to do at home besides playing maid.

It was ten at night and Wes hadn’t shown up. I had officially ran out of things to do. I cleaned every speck of my house, reorganized furniture, and ate dinner. There was still a feeling bubbling in my stomach and I tried my hardest to push it down. What am I doing? Staying up late waiting for a boy who visited once. A boy who didn’t even say he was coming tonight.

Suddenly I felt very stupid and embarrassed. I felt like I was very desperate for a friend. If Corinth, or my sister, or my mother knew about this who knows what they’d say? I debated calling Corinth and talking to her but I didn’t want to burden her with such stupid problems. It was late. Besides what could I tell her without giving away Wes’ secret?

I was prone to over-thinking and now I was thinking how I must be moving too fast. I had to get my mind off of everything. I paced around my bedroom until the fancy bath caught my eye. That's what I needed. A nice, steaming bath. I went to the bathroom and ran the water. Then I got undressed as I watched the tub fill to the brim with bubbles. I let out a small laugh. Of course they automatically bubble.

I slipped in slowly as the warm water engulfed me. It relaxed me immediately. I placed a towel under my head as a pillow and closed my eyes. I let out a sigh trying to release all the thoughts in my mind. I was overreacting. I knew it deep down. But I can't be doing this. I can't be so eager waiting for someone who might never come. Wes didn’t have to be in my life. I wasn’t going to make room for him.