Part 24

Climax

Part 24

All Rights Reserved

The family picnic was better than Suze had planned it to be. It was set at the large backyard of the Hamilton Mansion. The yard was wide, free, and open for Noelle, and her new best friend, Monique, Mona's six year old sister, to run around. Edward and his wife were relaxing, getting themselves a nice well-earned tan after coming from work.

Suze was just sitting, crossed-legged, on the long, wide sheets that was spread out on the grass. She moaned as she sipped out of her cold glass of hand made lemonade. Suze watched as Stanley and Mona were playing around with the kids. Stanley had Noelle, who was laughing, and hitting his back, over her shoulder, and Monique was fighting Stanley at his legs, trying to get Stanley to put her down. Mona took Monique away from his legs, and started to tickle her. Monique laughed like a hyena as she tried to push Mona's hands away from her body; she hates being tickled. She thinks that it brings out the ugly in her.

Suze smiled  at them. She was happy that everything was getting back to normal, and that there was nothing to worry about. Or is there?

Suze felt someone's presence when she heard light footsteps, and a loud Ugh! , when the person sat next to her. It was Miranda, in the same exact yellow sundress that Suze was wearing. They decided that it was great for them to match since they are best friends. They were wearing the same yellow bead accessories, and the same yellow sandals. The only thing that they did differently, was the hairstyle. Suze put her reddish black hair in a high pony tail, and was wrapped a yellow bandanna to top it off while Miranda let out her black straight hair that she combed when ever she felt like the wind was messing it up.

"Hey, S!" Miranda said, finishing up her can of Pepsi. After Miranda was done talking with Drew, who claimed that he was at work, she got bored of doing nothing inside. Miranda wasn't a fan of picnics but agreed with the idea when she thought that Charlie was coming. But Stanley told Miranda that Charlie went out which made her think that he was out on a date with another girl at this time. It made  Miranda feel a bit jealous but she shrugged it off. Why should she care if he's out with someone else? It's not like he's her boyfriend. He's a free man! He can do what he wants, no matter how much it bothered Miranda.

"Hey, M," Suze said. "So what did Drew say? Is he coming?"

"No," Miranda replied, sadly. "He said that he's at work, and that he's boss won't let him off."

"You know, he's been working a awful lot lately," Suze commented, not trying to point out the obvious.

"What are you trying to say?' Miranda questioned. "Are you saying that he's cheating on me?"

Suze shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just very...suspicious...about Drew. I mean that the last time that you guys were alone was when he took you to his beach house."

"Yeah, because he was off. It's not his fault that his boss can't let him go. He's just so helpful and lovable."

Suze rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Slightly angered, Miranda said, "You want to talk suspicious? Then let's talk Stanley."

"What about Stanley?" Suze wondered.

"He's been getting really close to Mona. It's like they are a couple or something," Miranda stated, and looked over at Stanley and Mona. Mona was on Stanley, hurting his healing leg, and Monique fell on top of her, with the pattern ending with Noelle on top of her. They were all laughing as they tried to get off each other. "They look like one, and it looks like Noelle and Monique could be their children."