#5: Caring Three

Lloyd POV

Through all of the things I had to go through the past days, and the severe pain my leg caused me, I managed to sleep.

It's been a long time since I lastly laid on my comfy bed, and I did not force my eyes open, not because I was sleepy, but because I wanted to sleep.

I woke up at the feeling of me laying on a soft mattress. The room I was in was not familiar to me, but I directly knew that I was in the bounty from the voices...

"Hey bud, how are you feeling?" I heard someone say. I looked up to find Jay, the master of lightning, and I felt his soft hand brush my hair softly.

"I-I'm fine, but my leg hurts..." I said.

"According to the depth of the wound, the weapon was of course pushed down with a high force, and that's indeed a great pain for a young boy like you to go through." I heard a robotic voice say. I looked down at my leg to find Zane with a first aid kit beside him, and Cole was beside him, as a helper? I really don't know.

I watched as Zane took out something from the small white kit. "You can close your eyes if that will make you feel better." Cole said.

I closed my eyes and felt Jay holding my hand, with the other stroking my hair softly. I knew that something is going to happen, and I did not want to know what it is.

Then I felt something cold and wet is being rubbed against the wound. 'It's not that bad...' I thought at first, but then, it started stinging.

Badly...

I let out a cry of pain and squeezed Jay's hand tightly. I moved my leg from the pain, but Cole sighed and held it down.

"No, Lloyd, don't move it. All of the pain will go away if you control yourself and stay strong." Cole said.

I was about to cry, but then I kept telling myself that strong men never cry, but they fight the pain. I gave a shaky sigh of relief when the cleaning process was done.

"Good job, Lloyd. I knew that you're strong and that you won't cry." Jay said soothingly, still stroking my hair.

"Now let's go to stitching the wound close." Zane said.

I never had stitches before, so this is new to me...But many people say that it does hurt. I will not listen to them and I will try it, but I hope that what they are saying is not true...

And by that thought, I felt a needle piercing through my skin then back, and it was a pattern of pain.

'Shoot, it does hurt!!'

I felt so uncomfortable, and stuck in a pattern of pain as the needle enter my skin, then leave in the opposite direction. And the fact that the wound was big, did not help at all.

I felt my eyes water again...Good thing that I'm closing my eyes! But, I couldn't hold back the urge to cry, and that's what happened.

Tears streamed down my cheeks, and I broke down into soft sobs of pain. I felt Zane stop stitching and Cole let go of my leg.

"Gosh Lloyd, don't cry, you're breaking my heart!" Jay said, hugging me. I sobbed and hugged back. "S-Stitches hurt!!" I managed to say through my sobs.

"I feel so guilty right now." Zane sighed and stood up. "I will go get you some treats so you will feel a bit better." He said before leaving the room.

Cole gave me a smile and wiped away my tears with his thumbs. "I'm so proud of you Lloyd. Although you did not have your mother close to you when your father was hurting you, but you fought, and resisted the urge to just give up on life, just to see the light of tomorrow. Good job, buddy." He said.

I smiled and sniffled, feeling a bit better. Zane returned back and placed a small bowl filled with different ice cream flavors and with white and milk chocolates on top as toppings. I smiled and took the spoon. "Thank you Zane!" I thanked him before I started eating.

Jay chuckled softly and ruffled my hair. "Now that's the Lloyd I know!" He joked.

Zane took the needle and the thread and continued stitching where he stopped. It was still hurting, but not as much as it was used to be.

Cole kept pushing a bag of ice on different spots around the wound. 'Man! That really is a pain reliever!' I said it to myself, mentally.

Few minutes passed, and I finished eating the ice cream. I looked over at my leg, to find Zane cutting off the extra thread left.

I smiled and rubbed Jay's hand softly. "Thank you Jay for staying by my side! I appreciate that!" I said.

"Aww! You're so cute! Come here!!" Jay laughed and pulled me to a hug. I smiled and hugged back happily.

I looked at Zane and Cole. "And thank you too for taking care of me and fixing me up! I love the three of you with all my heart!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello there my cute little readers! I'm back and I decided to update this book because it seems to be having many views recently! And it's been a
L O N G
time ago since I lastly updated this book! So sorry about that :(

This is the longest chapter I've ever written! ((884 words)). I hope that you enjoyed reading it, and you did click on the 'Vote' button! ((For anyone who did, I love you, and here's a virtual hug and a free Nutella jar))

Bye!!
🙈💕👻