Chapter 7: The Enemy's First Strike

Disclaimer Notice! I do not own the francise – Katekyo Hitman Reborn. What I do own though, was this crazy plot twist of the canon story that my twisted mind formulated plus the additional character I inserted to give color to this story.

Author's Note! Okay, here is my thank you gift for all the readers and followers who had been patiently (*dodges a knife*)waiting for the next chapter. I've miraculously passed the entrance exam! (Well, miracles do happen right?) So, here's the promise chapter! Thanks for the good luck, Bernie6394-san! XD

I'm trying to finish this fic before adding another chapter. I deeply apologize. But, I won't abandon this fic and neither is The Choice. I'm just kinda stuck on how to plot that ultimate battle.

THE SKY WITHOUT ITS ELEMENTS

A Katekyo Hitman Reborn Fan Fiction

Chapter Seven

The Enemy's First Strike

"Stop this! I don't think he's another one"

"I highly doubt that he wouldn't be"

"Oh! It's nothing Jyuudaime...You have to go home, ne? Mama must be worried, ne?"

"What was that for?!" Takeshi yelled at Hayato. He couldn't believed what he just saw. How could Gokudera do that to Tsuna? He was his best friend, damn it! Why shove him out? Why not tell him the situation? Darn! It concerns him too! Yamamoto walked back ad forth trying to vent out his anger. He couldn't believe it! How harsh they treated their boss. He couldn't believe that his friends are turning against Tsuna - the one who saved him when he had stupidly believed in a superticion about some stupid god and stupidly believe that he should end his stupid life. Tsunayoshi Sawada, their Sky.

"Oh~ Someone's being incredibly loyal today..." Mukuro cooed, but Yamamoto ignored him. He kept on walking back and forth.

Gokudera stopped him by the shoulder. "Yamamoto stop-" But, he simply shoved Hayato's hand off. "What do you want?!" he asked rudely. Hayato was surprisingly calm in this situation, and that pisses him even more. Hayato sighed and withrew his hand. "I know...this kind of thing is really hard but you have to understand...Yamamoto"

Takeshi saw red.

Without second thoughts he threw a punch at Gokudera who took the hit square in the face. He fell down limped on the ground. Yamamoto tried to calm his breathing before walking in a front and back pattern again. He had to calm his nerves or else he might accidentally slice his friend. Gokudera stir and slowly sat up, hand clenched on his bruised face. "I'm sorry..." he softly whispered. Yamamoto's eyes widened. Never had he thought that he would long enough to hear the bomber apologizing to someone except Tsuna, since he's the only person (except for Reborn, that man had earned everyone's respect through threats) he had respected.

He had became too much...let's just say...out-of-character?

After a few seconds, Gokudera stood up and stare at Yamamoto straight in the eyes. He somehow felt uncomfortable with the situation and decided to stare at his right hand instead. He sighed before explaining whatever that thing that came over him.

"I...I don't know what happen...but somehow...I felt like..."

"I couldn't trust him anymore" Hibari bet him to it. All eyes turned towards the skylark's position. "That herbivore. Something...something tells me that he's not the one we knew..." he spoke in a low voice, but everyone had heard him well. "Kufufu~ I never knew you could harbor such feelings..." Mukuro mused. Hibari glared at him in return. "I could harbor hate well enough" he spoke, his weapon ready. "Oh...I've always wanted to try this new trick at you..." Mukuro readied himself into a fighting stance as well.