-13.The Things We Learn

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Like I said, Matty told me I should go to the police after our wedding. I've decided to go now. The police station is half a mile from where I work. I decided to walk down there on my lunch break with 2 guys & a girl from work.

I didn't tell them what's going on. I just asked them if they could walk with me to the police station. I told them a friend of mine might be in trouble & I wanted to talk to the police a little. I felt there was strength in numbers & it's bright daylight on a busy street, so I should be safe.

I did feel safe with them, until the moment that changed. As soon as I got right down from the police station, not close enough to see it though. We were about to cross the street while talking, when 2 black vans boxed us in.

One pulled in front cutting us off from crossing & another pulled up to the sidewalk. Before we could run, or really yell, the 2 guys were pushed to the ground hard. Guns were pulled on us like something out of a crazy action movie. I was pulled into one van & my coworker Ashley, was pulled to another. They tied my hands behind my back as I tried to fight. They taped my mouth too. I tried kicking & they tied my feet too. I'm sure they were doing the same to Ashley too.

The guys tried to get up, but we were pulled away kicking before they could do anything. The men that took us had on creepy skull bandanas, so you couldn't see their faces. They said something to my guy co-workers on the ground before they jumped back in the vehicle & we drove away.

 They said something to my guy co-workers on the ground before they jumped back in the vehicle & we drove away

There were 5 men, not including the drivers that attacks us. 3 went with the other van & 2 were with me. I was in a panic. What just happend.  Who takes someone in broad daylight...with gun...a block from a police station.

The Van I was in drove for about 8 minutes until we were out of the crowed area of the suburbs. All one of the guys said to me while diving was  "I think you fücked up Abby". I started to really panic. I hadn't even done anything yet. We were on the highway & pulled off onto a dirt part of road.

When they pulled over & one of the mask came off. It was Chase. "You know, I told them to give you a week or so, before you did something stupid. I was right. I came into town at the perfect time. I wanted to see if you were being a smart obedient girl"

I looked at Chase, not wanting to believe he was there. "Abby Abby Abby. We're you headed to the police station?" He asked. I shook my head no.

"Is this the right time for you to lie to me Abby. Is there ever a good time to lie to me". He's said that to me so many times, right before pain comes. I felt a tear come done my face as I looked at him then at the other masked guy.

He pulled me by my hair to the floor of the van & held it down. "Didn't we give you a chance to live a normal life again. I guess you don't want that. You want us to take you back, kill your fiance & take your female coworker don't you" Chase said with fake disappointment.

I shook my head quickly. Why was I so stupid to put my coworker in danger too.  I didn't think they would grab us from a fairly busy street. I also didn't think I was being watched like that. We're they going to watch me forever. How is that a normal life

He pulled the tape off my mouth. It hurt but I had other things on my mind...like finding a way out of this mess.

"Ok speak Abby. Chose your words carefully. Because they could be the difference between you being sold or let go with a final warning" he said while just looking at me.

What was I supposed to say. I just started saying what came to me. "I'm so sorry Chase. I wasn't going to do anything. I just wanted my friend back. Please don't hurt my fiance. He doesn't know anything about this. I only told him what he needed to know. My coworker doesn't know anything either"

I definitely didn't want him knowing how much I actually told Matt & I really hadn't told my work mate anything.

He looked at me. "You know, if it were really up to me, I would take you & your coworker friend & sell you so far away, you'd never hear the English language again. But, the guys have decided to give you a one time fück-up warning. Meaning you just used it."

He moved me over to center me on the van floor then he straddled my waist. "this means the next time you do something stupid, you'll pay the price along with innocent others that you bring into your world. The only reason we're not taking you back now, is because you have a future husband. Let them have Zoe & go live. "

"Or chose to interfere & see what happens. I dare you to go to a police station. Let's see who gets in trouble first." His words really scared me. I hoped I'd never have to see his face again, but here it was.

"I won't do anything, ok. I'll stay out of it." I said in an almost cracking voice. I didn't want to, but I knew after this, Zoe was on her own. I'd have to live with it, even though it hurt. I had no power & I knew I'd  just get people hurt.

"I'm happy to hear it Abby" he said as I looked to see him undoing his pants. I tried to move away. "I told you I wouldn't do anything. That means you've already won Chase." I said hoping he'd stop. The other guy got out of the back & stood outside. I guess to keep watch.

Chase undid my legs, then pulled down my pants. I screamed & tried to kick, but it didn't help. He forced himself on me roughly. He said it was a warning & goodbye fück. When he finished, he asked me if I wanted to be taken back to work or home. How could he ask me that.

I had them take me home. I wasn't going back to work after that. The van actually took me home.  I took a long shower & put on a fake smile for Matty. I'm not telling him about today.  I'm keeping it to myself. After he asked me was I alright, I said I just wasn't feeling well & he let it go.

I didn't go back to work for 2 days. I went back Wednesday. Ashley & the guys were at work. They told me, the guys said they would kill us girls if they went for any help, so they ran back to the restaurant. 6 minutes later they dropped Ashley back off.

She said they drove her around then dropped her off at work. They never said anything to her until they dropped her off. She said they told her "Tell Abby, things can get worse, let her go".

They were confused, but I knew, of course, what they meant. They asked me what happend too me & I just told them, they said close to the same thing as ashlee, then I got scared & they took me home. They definitely don't need to be sucked into my drama again. At least they didn't get hurt.

No one needs to know what Chase did to me again, or why I decided not to try & help Zo. From now on I'm just going to act like life is normal. That's all I can do..& pray Zo will be alright. My wedding is coming soon anyway. I won't have Zo there but I guess I have to live with that.

Sorry Zo.

******************************************************************************
A/N

Hello all. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.   It's pretty long, I know. I hope you had a great Easter too. My whole weekend was busy as can be, but great too. I love spring! It's a time for the new to grow over what is gone. I'm finally getting better from being sick. I've been trying not to give my germs to anyone. I hope to all stay healthy & safe. Thank you again for reading. I read all the comments when I can, & I love how you get invested in my characters. I try to make them real & mostly believable. So until next update, fair the well 🤗👋🏽👍🏽🙋🏾😘.

******************************************************************************