Chapter Forty-four

Chapter 44

Namjoon’s POV

   “Why are we here?”

   “I need a talk.”

   He pour some coffee in his cup. My house wasn’t the best place where we can have a perfect chat, but what else can I say? Besides, my parents isn’t here anyways. “Why do you need me?”

“What a great question, Min.”

“Don’t play with me.” I rolled my eyes. Tsk. This cold hearted boy just wants me to shut up and go to hell. “I need to tell you something which might be the best info you can have.”

He just stared at me with his blank expression.

“Don’t look at me like that!” I snapped. He ‘tss’ sound me, and placed his hand on his lap telling me to urge the speaking.

I sighed, “I figured it all out,"

He seems interested so I continued.

“—and what as I suspected.. Jihyun caught the others’ attention by telling them the bad side of Cherim which was the biggest question of my mind. Does she even have a bad side?” He started looking at the side window. He was still quiet and I can say he has the thinking now. “I don’t know what she’ll do if you got to marry her since you’re arranged.”

“What did the students said?”

I paused. His voice was cold and husky so I pressed my lips in the cup before speaking. “Not much of what you wanted.”

“Just speak.”

“How should I say this?” I scratched my nape thinking of how to explain the student’s opinion in a sentence. He patiently wait for me. “I guess you’re different now, not the coach who seriously agree with everything.”

He paused, “You may not know but I know almost all of things you don’t know about your past.”

I don’t seem to say if he’s surprised or just ‘not-my-business’ mood kind of staring. But what I really wanted to know, is the mystery behind Jihyeon’s plans. She wanted shut our mouths and just go with the flow but who will go with the flow at this time?

He sighed when he caught me looking at the wide space blankly. “Talk.”

“They told me she’s a trash, whore, bitch and a guy seeker.” his eyes were mine already. I know what those stares meant. “Please don’t tell me that’s the stupidest reason I’ve ever heard.”

I blinked.

He clinched his fist.

“She isn’t clinching, people are talking about her?”

I chuckled, “Calm down Min. Have to take care of those roots.”

“Whatever you say.”

“But Yoongi...” His eyes landed on mine again. “Will you be okay if I have to tell you something..?”

He stared at me and waited. That just means ‘silence means yes’ so I pulled my phone. I know he’ll be mad or frustrated, but it’ll be better if he’ll know what happened when he haven’t checked his phone after that bar scene.

I took a deep breath.

He raised his eyebrow

“Please calm down... Yoongi. I’m telling you in advance.”